Do you bother answering your landline now?

What's broadband got to do with anything, if you join sky or virgin they tell you you must sign up to phone lines, it's always part of the package if you want it or not very similar to ppi
They will be part of a package. If you have a the TV and Broadband it will be cheaper to get a package including a landline than without.

If you just want broadband with virgin, you can buy it without the landline.

(And if you own a business or work from home a lot and want business broadband with or without a landline let me know :))

What's a landline?

We can't be to far off having kids say that.. As a transient I haven't had one for yonks, still don't like answering my mobile when it's a number not saved though

No. I’d only answer it if the missus forced me to or if I felt like taking the piss out of Gary from Bangalore
I got a call from a guy from an Indian call centre a few years back. He was ringing about a problem I'd reported using TalkTalk.

He said "Hello, it's Keith from TalkTalk how are you you?" I replied "Hi Keith it's Rajah, I'm fine thank you".

mate of mine (who is a right sarky c*nt) keeps a referees whistle right beside the phone for our call centre friends

he lets them get started then gives them the full shrill blast!

he admits it probably doesn't do any good in stopping them but he says he enjoys it no end

I have a different call tone for elder family members that still use the landline, and I tell anybody else that may ring that I’ll answer it if you ring twice, everybody else gets ignored. I’ve trained my mind to ignore it so much that I sometimes don’t even realise Its going off.

No. I’d only answer it if the missus forced me to or if I felt like taking the piss out of Gary from Bangalore

...or Patrick from Mumbai telling me about the accident I had this year. Upon which I've told him countless times I couldn't really remember much about said accident as I was pissed as a fart at the time. He still continues to ask questions..........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.