Do you celebrate a goal immediately or wait incase VAR rules it out?

Stopped going when VAR started so not fussed anymore. Without VAR there is still post match banter about if, what, maybe if etc. Unfortunately my dodgy ticker can't stand waiting 5 minutes to celebrate a goal and that has killed it for me. I started watching City because they were sh1t and the sh1tter they got the funnier my mates who supported them were.The performances now are galactic but VAR is just another nail in the "match experience" coffin.Sorry!
I’m sorry your anti-City bias has destroyed your enjoyment of watching our best ever team.

I can only imagine how angry you will have been when it was our own fault.

Hope your heart condition improves enough to watch us win 90% of matches.

I don't get why anyone wouldn't celebrate straight away. Celebrating a goal and then finding out it has been disallowed happened before VAR.

The extra time goals for England; Campbell's v Argentina and Lampard's v Portugal had everyone celebrating wildly only for it to dawn on us a minute or two later that it had been disallowed. I also recall Anelka (?) having a late winner disallowed at Old Trafford that had everyone celebrating too.

Cheer up you miserable old sods! You can look at it this way, with VAR you get to celebrate twice with an added bonus of celebrating when an opponents goal is chalked off.

Depends who we're playing. Spurs or anyone with a red shirt I'm a bit more cautious before celebrating.

I've built it into my celebrating tbh. When we score if they're is no risk, no chance it can be VAR decided I cheer a fuck you to VAR. Otherwise its like the old apprehension around offside. (though it's more than just offside now, handballs, build-up fouls, mm offsides, randomnicity of having 6 refs interpretation)

I thought maybe it would turn out like offsides but it is sooooo much more than than, it feels like 25% or more of goals go to VAR decisions which has taken some enjoyment away imo.

What a difference VAR has done to the way we celebrate goals. After Sterling and Jesus's chalked off goals against Spurs in the League and CL, I am afraid to celebrate goals now-a-days until we are clear of VAR!

I know its not healthy but I don't want to go through the roller coaster of emotions especially after the Sterling goal against Spurs in the CL. I now wait till VAR clears or doesn't react to the the goal then celebrate!
The day you stop celebrating immediately is the day you stop going. You cant control that built up tension and passion.
imagine if everyone just stood up in their seats when a goal was scored no yells or screams or anything and just turned to the scoreboard waiting for it to be given the ok ! Then a clap and shake the man’s hand next to you and sit back down.
All goals should be bounced to like it’s the last one you ever going to see !

I don't get why anyone wouldn't celebrate straight away. Celebrating a goal and then finding out it has been disallowed happened before VAR.

The extra time goals for England; Campbell's v Argentina and Lampard's v Portugal had everyone celebrating wildly only for it to dawn on us a minute or two later that it had been disallowed. I also recall Anelka (?) having a late winner disallowed at Old Trafford that had everyone celebrating too.

Cheer up you miserable old sods! You can look at it this way, with VAR you get to celebrate twice with an added bonus of celebrating when an opponents goal is chalked off.

That's an interesting perspective. Food for thought. Thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.