Do you give a toss about England?

Chippy_boy

Team supported
God's chosen team
Just had an argument with a mate who was lamenting - on the back of the Allardyce scandal - the state of the England team and of "English" football, i.e. lack of English talent.

His view was that it's a terrible situation and that something must be done to change things so that we can better develop English talent and get the England team back to where it belongs as one of the world's best teams, befitting of the nation who invented the game.

But honestly, I really could not give a toss. Maybe that's a bit strong. It would be "nice" if England was a fantastic side and we won the world cup again etc. But honestly I am not really that bothered. Especially if "fixing it" meant artificially nobbling Premier League clubs with yet further restrictions on home grown players etc.

For me, I care about City 99.9% and England 0.1%. I can't say I was too bothered about him being Argentian and not English when Aguerrrrrrrooooooo scored the winner, can you?

What's your thoughts?

I couldn't give less of a fuck if I tried. I'll watch games if got nothing else to do because I love football but would never go out of my way to watch them. Always been the same. I've been to a few England games to and I just think it's shit. The thought of cheering a goal scored by a rag makes my teeth itch. I can't get on board with the press foaming every time they beat Lithuania or San Marino and then they get slaughtered when Iceland turn up and it's the end of the world.

I couldn't give less of a fuck if I tried. I'll watch games if got nothing else to do because I love football but would never go out of my way to watch them. Always been the same. I've been to a few England games to and I just think it's shit. The thought of cheering a goal scored by a rag makes my teeth itch. I can't get on board with the press foaming every time they beat Lithuania or San Marino and then they get slaughtered when Iceland turn up and it's the end of the world.

My thoughts exactly mate. I cannot understand why the likes of Shearer on Football Focus goes banging on about how terrible it is that England are shit and the manager's a disgrace. Why on earth does he care??? Why does *anyone* care? It's beyond me.

The poor state of the England team is entirely down to the success of the PL and our being able to attract in numbers, the best players from all over the world. Fucking marvellous I say.

International breaks do my head in. Another one in November after this ffs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.