Do you hate being hated?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Balti said:
not interested in being anyones second team

not interested in being popular but shit

the level of bile is directly proportional to our threat level

long may it continue and increase as we improve another level

That about sums it up for me.

Never liked the "score when we want" song, however. Same goes for "buy your club". No need to sing songs that merely serve to make us look like pricks just because people don't like us anymore.

This ^^^^

EdCampion said:
City haven't paid their dues, the wealth is not generated by the club.
However, how is this worse than United, whose wealth is based on a plane crash, 1968, and Ferguson?
United became wealthy because they had myth and romance, and then when Ferguson arrived incredible success.
I don't have a problem when a club produces wealth, that they spend it on players. City don't produce wealth, so I have a problem.
City need a myth to counter the jealousy.
Interesting point of view from a united fan. However you're wrong. Every team, somewhere in their past has someone who saved them and/or gave them a step up the ladder. Arsenal fans forget about Danny Fiszman's £50m cash injection in the early 1990's that set them up.

You forget (or have probably never heard of) James W Gibson. He rescued you from near-certain extinction in the 1930's, injected what was then a large amount of cash, rebuilt Old Trafford after the war and appointed Busby. So without him there would have been no success, no Munich and none of what came later.

The Sheikh's buisness plan for City is that we increase revenues significantly over the next 5 years to the point where we match you. Will you still say we don't generate wealth then?

If you were to invest money into a failing business and turn it round so it became profitable, would you feel you'd cheated?

Prestwich_Blue said:
EdCampion said:
However, how is this worse than United, whose wealth is based on a plane crash, 1968, and Ferguson?
United became wealthy because they had myth and romance, and then when Ferguson arrived incredible success.
I don't have a problem when a club produces wealth, that they spend it on players. City don't produce wealth, so I have a problem.
Interesting point of view from a united fan. However you're wrong. Every team, somewhere in their past has someone who saved them and/or gave them a step up the ladder. Arsenal fans forget about Danny Fiszman's £50m cash injection in the early 1990's that set them up.

You forget (or have probably never heard of) James W Gibson. He rescued you from near-certain extinction in the 1930's, injected what was then a large amount of cash, rebuilt Old Trafford after the war and appointed Busby. So without him there would have been no success, no Munich and none of what came later.

The Sheikh's buisness plan for City is that we increase revenues significantly over the next 5 years to the point where we match you. Will you still say we don't generate wealth then?

If you were to invest money into a failing business and turn it round so it became profitable, would you feel you'd cheated?

Let's also not forget how the rags were bankrolled by that shyte who was selling gone off meat to schools for kids to eat.

the general public have been brainwashed to hate us , every common paper all the footie shows even respected ex-pro footballers are digging at us.

so without even knowing it ......we are enemy number one. not the reigning champs that everyone really hates..... it s us.

i dont hate anyone except the rags.... a few a dislike but i respect them all.

when arteta scored i was in a room of eight people cheering and jeering towards me, so OP no i didn t enjoy it.

dom said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
EdCampion said:

Let's also not forget how the rags were bankrolled by that shyte who was selling gone off meat to schools for kids to eat.
I seriously doubt Edwards put much in. His son did very well out of the club though.

King Of The Kippax said:
Do you hate the fact that we are now hated, do you love the fact we are hated, or do you not give a shit either way?

In a sense i dont give a shit either way but i do hate the bollocks and shit spouting that some other clubs fans come out with.

We're not hated, certainly not by the majority... a couple of stragglers on message boards and the vocal minority.

The money issue is an easy stick for loud mouth fans to start a chant about, but i certainly don't think the opinion of us as fans has changed that much for the regular match going fan.

EdCampion said:

Surely what you are saying is no competition is allowed so you can carry on and dominate the premier along with Arsenal because they earn their swag, most of it from the elite ECL cash cow season after season.
If you want an even playing field then yes I am all for that but even for all the 20 premier league football clubs.
Somehow I doubt your glory hunting habits will allow you to sign up for that.

GStar said:
King Of The Kippax said:
Do you hate the fact that we are now hated, do you love the fact we are hated, or do you not give a shit either way?

In a sense i dont give a shit either way but i do hate the bollocks and shit spouting that some other clubs fans come out with.

We're not hated, certainly not by the majority... a couple of stragglers on message boards and the vocal minority.

The money issue is an easy stick for loud mouth fans to start a chant about, but i certainly don't think the opinion of us as fans has changed that much for the regular match going fan.

I think it has mate any winning the title will bring even more people Useing the money against us and dislike us. If people hate us we are going in the right way because they get bitter. United have won Shit loads but are one of the hated clubs even with a big fan base.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Don't forget John Henry Davies.

EdCampion said:

City don't produce wealth?

LMAO, try saying that to the Etihad Airlines stakeholders and you'll be laughed at.
in the short space of time since ADUG took over City, the tourism numbers has increased in Abu Dhabi, record profits for Etihad airlines, the exposure the club has given this part of the world is way more than any advertising campaign would ever achieve.

The club produces wealth, sure not traditonally by shirt sales, match tickets and overpriced lager-piss but for the owners of the club and their other interests.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.