Do you hold a grudge against Manuel Neuer?

Fulop's Reflex

Surely, He saw that the ball crossed the line but he acted very innocent. He was the closest to the ball, If he was honest he should tell the ref. Or am I just naive?

Yes I admit that German were the better team but that is not the point. I am just talking about Neuer.

It all happened so quickly that I don't think Neuer knew what had happened and as the ref didn't whistle for a goal he played on - and that's as it should be.

Fulop's Reflex said:
Surely, He saw that the ball crossed the line but he acted very innocent. He was the closest to the ball, If he was honest he should tell the ref. Or am I just naive?

Yes I admit that German were the better team but that is not the point. I am just talking about Neuer.

Paolo Di Canio was the last player I remember doing anything like that.

It just wouldn't happen these days - too much at stake. Should Tevez have done the same last night?

I see what you're saying, not sure if he would have been 100% sure whether it had gone in or not, as he was diving backwards at the time and everything. Maybe he thought it went in but there was also a slight belief it didn't. I jumped up to celebrate a goal when it went in, but I wasn't absolutely 100% sure it was a goal until watching the replay (I know, it's different seeing it from a camera in the stands to being right next to it). But I think every keeper in the world would have done what he did...

I remember Arshavin telling the ref it wasn't a penalty but he wouldn't have it... that twat Bendter scored it too.

Fulop's Reflex said:

No chance do i blame the guy he did nothing wrong at all. If anything i wish the English national team was more like the Germans. As they were a credit to themselves and there country.

I think that Neuer didn't have a clue the ball went over the line, he was just happy it came back down and into his grasp. Gatito, as he rushed off to celebrate, cast a backward glance to see that the lino didn't have his flag hoisted, so that would be good enough for any player at this and any other World Cup. Play to the whistle, eh?

Thinking about it he's in a lose/lose situtation. He doesn't tell the ref and he's hated in England where Germans are already 'hated' or if he admits it went in he's hated in his home country and is only seen as the best of a bad bunch in England.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.