Do you like trains?

8989888306_d46cebcc47_b.jpg

My favourite.

I love working these.
Shit to drive though!

Reactions: mat
Looking forward to my train trips tomorrow.

Because we booked cheaper with a train to brum and then another one from there a nice quiet run to london.

Coming back ill be busy and noisy I expect.

Just stumbled on this thread, got an old station house in south of France and love its history. Line long gone, but fell in love with French railways since we bought it!

Hate Chiltern Railways. Parked at Banbury for Wembley and some "incident" meant we waited for almost an hour after the game before a train back.

I like old trains, proper trains.
For me, modern trains are claustrophobic, with uncomfortable seats (unless you are 5ft tall and weigh eight stones), grossly overcrowded with unseemly personages, and vastly over-priced.
Back in the day, when I was living in Crawley on a modest wage, I could afford to come home pretty much every fortnight, or every three weeks at worst. You walked up to the booking office, bought a small piece of card, and straight on the train. The seats were designed for a person of normal growth, and I never once had to stand. But, hey, that was in the days of bad old inefficient BR, who ran things like a railway, as opposed to a tin-pot bus company's idea of what an airline should be like.

Was your newspaper filled with stories about those insufferable Suffragette’s?

8989888306_d46cebcc47_b.jpg

My favourite.

I love working these.
does the driver know he's lost a carriage off the back? aren't there normally two? one for the driver and one for the guard to hide in?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.