Do you like trains?

Ooooh, I'd like to get on a train to Groningen sometime! I've travelled on a couple of Dutch trains and the questions yer end up asking the person in the ticket office that need to be asked here just leaves the Dutch operative looking puzzled and bemused as to what fuckin' system we have in the UK. Came back from Wembers this dinner time - Virgin train was spot on, and then onto Northern Rail. I tell Mrs Ewing we will not get the 15:04, we will get the 15:36. We get to Victoria and the 15:04 is ten minutes late so we make a dash for Platform 6 and wait. We wait a bit longer and it shows that it is now 15mins late. There's another train coming in on the same platform but going in the opposite direction, but thankfully that is two minutes late so the late arriving 15:04 will be away before the 15:26 to Southport arrives. But then the Southport train arrives and departs. The next scheduled departure from Platform 6 is the 15:36 to Leeds, which will get us home. But no mention of the 15:04. There has been some kind of Bermuda Triangle between Southport and Victoria which has swallowed a complete train on its way to Blackburn.
You missed it. The 1504 left Vic at 1515. That doesn't explain the board showing it 15 late.

I love trains. It's just unfortunate that the Tories hate them, preferring cars and roads, and they have gone out of their way to screw the railways up in this country for over 50 years now.
Except in London and the Home Counties, which the Tories also love.

Reactions: mat
Got off the train at Littleborough after a thoroughly delightful return journey to Hebden Bridge - two FOC tickets for £6-30, fifteen minutes each way. Great stuff. And then I noticed that Delay Repay now kicks in after 15 mins. On the way out the half past whatnot train to Blackburn was fifteen late, and the next post stated that it had been cancelled. Tough shit for anyone waiting to get to Blackburn and cutting the timing fine! But the thought struck me that if the train is cancelled after fifteen or sixteen minutes late a cancelled train can't be delayed! Crafty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.