Do you like trains?

Is that Burton Joyce station?

Enjoy getting the train, but the cost puts me off sometimes. Got to be in Reading this week; even booking in advance a return from Brum is just shy of £120 (standard class). Fucking outrageous when it will cost me about £35 in petrol to drive there and back. Also, when I go to London (usually about once a fortnight) if I book at the last minute (usually I have no choice) it can come to not far short of £200 (standard class). To me, this (along with countless other examples) demonstrates that the current business model isn’t working for the greater good.

Prefer getting the train to driving, not least because I can work on the train, which suits my lastminute.com working MO. I know things were far from perfect under British Rail, but that was nearly 40 years ago; many things didn’t work back then - public and private. The railways can’t be currently run in an efficient manner or I wouldn’t be eschewing getting the train to Reading because of the prohibitive cost. The railways and rolling stock should be in state hands and fares set at reasonable prices. This would mean people had more money in their pocket to spend on other things, to the benefit of the wider economy.

The current situation is a fucking disgrace.
Can't argue with anything in this post. I think season ticket holders/commuters get shafted in comparison with the shitehawks who buy £2.50 advance tickets and act like bigger twatas than some first class regulars I've witnessed on London trains.

The station in the picture is Long Eaton. Burton Joyce station now has a herb garden on Platform one. The smells are beautiful stepping off the train there. Compared to Carlton 2 miles away where the smell of stale transfat and piss purveys through Platform 1.

@BimboBob is a secret spotter. He reported me for ruining his money shot photo for Trainwankers weekly by being in it.

Can't argue with anything in this post. I think season ticket holders/commuters get shafted in comparison with the shitehawks who buy £2.50 advance tickets and act like bigger twatas than some first class regulars I've witnessed on London trains.

The station in the picture is Long Eaton. Burton Joyce station now has a herb garden on Platform one. The smells are beautiful stepping off the train there. Compared to Carlton 2 miles away where the smell of stale transfat and piss purveys through Platform 1.

@BimboBob is a secret spotter. He reported me for ruining his money shot photo for Trainwankers weekly by being in it.
Carlton train station! Right next to the old British Legion and not far from a pub I know too....

There's a few herb gardens in Carlton too tbf!!

8989888306_d46cebcc47_b.jpg

My favourite.

I love working these.

I do like trains. There's something comforting about them. Manchester to London in just over 2hrs, by which time in the car we'd just be rolling into Leighton Baines services on the M6Toll.

It would be nice if we had a few more trains rolling through Littleborough rather than those rusty buses they've fastened to train wheels.

Littleborough to Victoria, 15 mins upto 75mph if we don't stop after Rochdale. Did it on the metro the other day after a MWCFC game when the trains were having a day off and it was 41 mins from St. Peter's Sq to Milnrow. What's not to like about trains?

Carlton train station! Right next to the old British Legion and not far from a pub I know too....

There's a few herb gardens in Carlton too tbf!!
They ain't rosemary, Thyme etc!

More of a damp mould type of smell.

British Legion has gone now. Converted into "luxury FL" Railway Club moved to across the road from the Fox. Has the cheapest beer but no ambiance if you aren't a railway worker as it all about talking shop.

I do like trains. There's something comforting about them. Manchester to London in just over 2hrs, by which time in the car we'd just be rolling into Leighton Baines services on the M6Toll.

It would be nice if we had a few more trains rolling through Littleborough rather than those rusty buses they've fastened to train wheels.

Littleborough to Victoria, 15 mins upto 75mph if we don't stop after Rochdale. Did it on the metro the other day after a MWCFC game when the trains were having a day off and it was 41 mins from St. Peter's Sq to Milnrow. What's not to like about trains?
Kids still love them too. Had a family on my RHL train to Worksop yesterday and they were excited as it was their first ever trip.

I asked you nicely to duck down a little so your fat ugly head wasn't in shot but would you? No. Repeatedly gurning whenever I took a photo of the class 47. A disgrace.

Reactions: mat
I used to travel to London with Virgin Ist Class at least once a month. Loved it and trains in general. If you cunts haven’t already, book a trip of the steam train to Mallaig or Fort William, get the Ust Class compartment and take food and a few bottles of wine. The train is fabulous and the scenery is second to none.

I can feel a song coming on thinking about it. The Jacobite is the name of the train and has a website to book.

And here’s the song. My Clan where and still Fucking are Jacobite’s

Every family gathering we sing this song.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.