Do you really believe the league is over...?

If our postponed game is after the derby than we need United to beat Liverpool actually if our goal is to win the title as ASAP which should be imo.

Unfortunately you have to hand it to the red t***s.

Behind against Chelsea and Palace and they snatch a victory on both occasions.

It's obvious they are desperate not to do the guard of honour or let City win the title on derby day.

Can't say I'm not a little bit gutted about their comeback and last minute winner tonight.

The dream of winning the league before the derby or on the night is fading.

With Brighton still in the FA Cup, that has cost us another possible 3 points before the derby.

Hmmm.

It's obvious they are desperate not to do the guard of honour or let City win the title on derby day.

Can't say I'm not a little bit gutted about their comeback and last minute winner tonight.

With Brighton still in the FA Cup, that has cost us another possible 3 points before the derby.

Hmmm.

A draw on Saturday and its nailed on for Derby Day , a draw is the favoured result and 0-0 at that but should Liverpool take the lead I doubt Manure can make it three comebacks from being behind on the spin in the league.

It would be typical of them to spoil the derby by dropping points at West Ham however.

Hmmm.

It very much still ON

A draw on Saturday and its nailed on for Derby Day , a draw is the favoured result and 0-0 at that but should Liverpool take the lead I doubt Manure can make it three comebacks from being behind on the spin in the league.

It would be typical of them to spoil the derby by dropping points at West Ham however.

Their WHU game is postponed the same like ours vs Brigthon, same date, that san FA cup weekend.

It’s actually very much still on (that we win the title on the night we play United - assuming we beat them).

Assuming united beat Swansea
And Liverpool beat watford and palace
And we beat stoke and Everton

The only permutation that stops us from winning the title by beating united is if Liverpool beat United at the weekend (as we will be tied on points with Liverpool and not be crowned champions until the following week)

Perversely I now want anything but a Liverpool win at the weekend

If I’m not mistaken a guard of honour is now impossible as we wouldn’t have broken the 85 point magic number - regardless of permutations of other results

Edit ~ rags lose to Liverpool and Swansea and then Liverpool drop 4 points against Watford / palace and the guard of honour still possible

Last edited:
Edit ~ rags lose to Liverpool and Swansea and then Liverpool drop 4 points against Watford / palace and the guard of honour still possible

Nope. The case you describe would come to this before the derby day.

City: 31 games 84points (if we beat Stoke, everton)
Utd: 31 games 62points
Pool: 32 games 66 points (they beat Utd, bit draw both Watford and Palace)

vs United it would be guaranteed as 22p lead in 7 games is impossible.

But vs Pool its 18 points and they still got 6 games to go.

What we need so is Liverpool to beat Utd, utd to lose to Swansea at home (:D), then Liverpool to get only maximum 1 point from the Watford/Palace fixtures so a draw and a loss maximum.

In That case we are champions at the moment of beating Everton. Works out as its scheduled to be a Saturday late game 5.30 with Pool, United both playing earlier haha.

Thats the only fucking way.

(We also would need Tottenham not winning next two games. that could fuck it up too.)

Last edited:

Hmmm.

There is fuck all they can do about it tbh.
I’m very confident we’ll win the title beating them comfortably in the process.
With no FA Cup games to worry about I can only see 3 easy victories for City in them upcoming games.

If our postponed game is after the derby than we need United to beat Liverpool actually if our goal is to win the title as ASAP which should be imo.

A Utd win or a draw would be the best result for us. Both results mean we can win it on Derby day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.