Do you really believe the league is over...?

The most important thing is that its 2 points that neither can get, so we're 2 points nearer the title, so long as they're behind us I don't really care where they finish.
Agreed. Might care about it more if the ****s were sitting in 4th.

I had a wobble again last night when those bastads scored! Gutted there is this 2 week break coming up.

Just want to get the 6 in the bag from Stoke and Everton and then I know its done.

yeah me too - Get rid of Stoke and Neverton

Have you looked at the table? If I'm right, we both have two PL games before the derby. Assuming we both win both our games, we go into the derby 16 (SIXTEEN) points clear. A win would leave that gap at 19 points with only 6 games remaining.

Yes but if Liverpool win on Sunday and against watford & Palace they will have 69 points.
If we beat Stoke, Everton and Utd we will have 87 points (18 points difference with 6 games to play).
So if we want to win the title on Derby day we need to beat Stoke & Everton and hope Liverpool drop a point.
So A Draw or a Utd win is order of the day on Sunday. Preferably a draw.

Yes but if Liverpool win on Sunday and against watford & Palace they will have 69 points.
If we beat Stoke, Everton and Utd we will have 87 points (18 points difference with 6 games to play).
So if we want to win the title on Derby day we need to beat Stoke & Everton and hope Liverpool drop a point.
So A Draw or a Utd win is order of the day on Sunday. Preferably a draw.
That doesn’t work either as, currently, rags can get 89 and Dippers 87 and we can only get to 87 by winning the next three. Now, we know they can’t both get those points because they play each other but, if they draw, rags can still get to 87.

That doesn’t work either as, currently, rags can get 89 and Dippers 87 and we can only get to 87 by winning the next three. Now, we know they can’t both get those points because they play each other but, if they draw, rags can still get to 87.
Not if we beat them though which what he's saying.

"If we want to win the title on Derby day..."

If United win or draw on Saturday and we win our next three, the third being the derby, we win the league.

As at worst it'll be a 16 point gap from United going into it with 21 to play for and a win making it 19 points with 18 to play for. The most Liverpool could get would be 85 points and by then we'd be on 87.

We are on 78 points - if we get 6 from Stoke and Everton - on 84 when we meet the rags - 21 to play for including the derby - win the Derby and we on 87

Rags are on 62 points - if they get 4 from West Ham and Liverpool they will be on 66 - 21 to play for including the Derby - lose the derby they are on 66 and can only get 84

Liverpool are on 60 points with very easy fixtures remaining - lets assume they get a draw at the swamp and beat Watford and Palace - this will take them to 67 with 18 to play for - 85.

I think my conclusion is I want the Rags and Dippers to draw! if this happens and we win our next 3 I believe we are champions!? in fact th eonly way we are not champions if we win our next 3 is if Liverpool beat the rags.

If we draw the Derby assuming the above results we will be on 85 and the most the rags could get would be 85! Same with Liverpool - but with our goal difference we would have effectively won it!

If Liverpool beat the rags the most the rags can get is 86 - meaning we can guarantee finishing ahead of United at the Derby.

But then Liverpool could get 88 and we would need one point after the Derby to be certain.

So I think my bit in bold is the answer!

Just hurry up and win it City and I can enjoy my summer.

I think pudge said what I just said 34 minutes ago!

Can you imagine Blue Moon if we drew our next 9 games and lost it to Liverpool on the last day by one point?

Stop it!!! (sorry its really getting to me this!)

Awaits SWP/ Squirty to tell me to wipe my fanny. (probably quite rightly)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not if we beat them though which what he's saying.

"If we want to win the title on Derby day..."

If United win or draw on Saturday and we win our next three, the third being the derby, we win the league.

As at worst it'll be a 16 point gap from United going into it with 21 to play for and a win making it 19 points with 18 to play for. The most Liverpool could get would be 85 points and by then we'd be on 87.
So a basic maths error made my post completely erroneous. Not for the first time sadly.....

Maximum possible points:
City: 105
United 89
Liverpool 87
Spurs 85
Chelsea 80

City fixtures:
Stoke A
Everton A
United H
Spurs A
Swansea H
West Ham A

United fixtures:
Liverpool H
Swansea H
City A
West Brom H
Bournemouth A
Arsenal H

Liverpool fixtures:
United A
Watford H
Palace A
Everton A
Bournemouth H
West Brom A

Spurs fixtures:
Bournemouth A
Chelsea A
Stoke A
City H
Brighton A
Watford H

So let's say we beat Stoke & Everton, United & Liverpool draw, but beat Swansea and Watford, respectively, and Spurs beat Bournemouth but lose/draw Chelsea. That would put the table going into the derby at:

City 84 points
United 66 points
Liverpool 64 points
Spurs 61/62 points

:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.