Do you support the RMT?

Sounds like the 2 sides aren't a million miles apart in terms of the pay but it's the redundancy issue that's the main sticking point?
If the government weren't there on the sidelines constraining what Network Rail and the TOCs can offer it would have been sorted a long time ago. The government want this - they're trying to recreate Thatcher v the miners as part of their culture wars strategy.

If the government weren't there on the sidelines constraining what Network Rail and the TOCs can offer it would have been sorted a long time ago. The government want this - they're trying to recreate Thatcher v the miners as part of their culture wars strategy.
I've felt this all along. I've urged caution to some of our senior leadership. They aren't perfect and hope their egos don't subvert the agenda of a decent pay and protections of the membership.

Even by Piers Morgan's standards (or lack of), that was beyond pathetic from him yesterday. Lynch explained that it was a joke between him and his mates but even aside from that, The Hood is a fictional character ffs! If Lynch had a profile pic of Fred West or Ian Brady then fair enough, Morgan would have a point. Anyway, it's good to see that Lynch has changed it to a couple of real life characters. I'm sure Piers will approve ;)

Even by Piers Morgan's standards (or lack of), that was beyond pathetic from him yesterday. Lynch explained that it was a joke between him and his mates but even aside from that, The Hood is a fictional character ffs! If Lynch had a profile pic of Fred West or Ian Brady then fair enough, Morgan would have a point. Anyway, it's good to see that Lynch has changed it to a couple of real life characters. I'm sure Piers will approve ;)
Again to clarify its not real

What constitutes “appropriately”?
Progressive. What it is now up to earnings of £50,000. Another 10p on the £ for 100k. Additional 5p in the £ above 150k and so on. No loopholes for tax evasion of the rich. Blistering fines if they try or seizure of assets. It is estimated over £200b is lost to evasion and avoidance. Set up a department with more people to hunt them vastly more people employed to hunt didn’t£4b benefit fraud than tax, which shows again where extremism lies. Supertax the millionaire and billionaires and ignore all the bullshit about they will all leave. They won’t and even if they do they can all fuck off.

Talking to other members on picket they'd accept 5% and a commitment of no mandatory redundancies. The "modernisation" of the railway can then be done via negotiations at the table.

I think it very simple to stop to sort. However, and I don't want to say the words as it puts people off. I believe the Tories have declared class war on us and want to stretch the dispute out to destroy my union.

It could go on until the next election at this rate. I would like my union to box clever if that's the case to maintain support for the action. And I will be pushing that at our meetings after the first wave of action has concluded.

The network rail guy was on the news earlier saying they’d agree to no compulsory redundancies if the union will agree to changes in working practices. He specifically highlighted that different multi skilled teams won’t travel to sites in the same van for example, have to be their own vans. So you send 6 blokes to do a job in 6 vans… which by any normal thought process is bonkers. Is that right?

He also said if you can help reduce costs they can move on the money.

Sounds like if the unions will agree to some changes in practice you will get a solution.

Reactions: mat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.