Do you think City have become boring to watch?

BigJoe#1

Now before the missiles start flying, this is, believe it or not a positive comment.

It's just that City are that good at the moment they can quite literally win a game in the first five minutes as the Fulham and Cardiff games have proved.

The problem is no one fancies taking us on so they just sit back and defend, even though they are behind - damage limitation. City know they don't have to blast the opposition as they aren't going to attack and they are quite rightly not prepared to go hell for leather (why should they) as they need to preserve their limbs and energy for the forthcoming fixtures. This is turning many games into nothing more than a training session.

Sometimes it is painful to watch but highly enjoyable in a strange kind of way.

Anyone else reading the games this way?

Edit: I should add that Pep has made us almost unplayable in the league.

Without a doubt, but it isn’t City’s fault. The vast majority of teams just want to keep the score down at the Etihad so they don’t even come out even at 2 or 3 nil down.

Most home games this year have been like the Cardiff game. I love to watch the best City team in history but the downside is it doesn’t get the blood pumping too often any more. Even the League Cup final was a bit like that.

Luckily the rest of this season will break that mould and there should be some absolute thrillers. It doesn’t get much better than watching this team beat top quality opponents in the biggest games.

Not boring more frustrating when we have to pass it around for ages trying to coax all the negative teams out,when we are in full flight it's awesome
Agreed but we aren't pressing for a big victory (which I think is correct) as the defensive teams just give up and we don't need to fire on all cylinders to win the games.

I wouldn’t say boring. But I think Pep is aware of what you’re saying. That’s why he’ll quite often keep the foot on the gas and we’ll hit 5 or 6.
He knows that keeps the fans involved. Us managing a game out is fascinating for the purist, but your average fan will switch off a little.
However, currently it’s needs must. 100% for 10-15 minutes, end the game quickly. Coast and conserve, punish any errors.

Save ourselves for the games that will be full tilt. Look how much more we seen to have in the legs than our rivals.

It is the business end of the season. A Blue next to me was disappointed with the 2nd half v Fulham..... I simply said ''the game is won, we have so many big games coming up why send the lads out to win each game 5-0 and knacker themselves out when just keep the ball, do nothing stupid and collect the three points.

Last edited:
Lacking excitement most of the season - once 2 goals up both teams are already thinking about the next game 90% of the time and it shows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.