Do you think the world will be much different in 70 years from now?

Worzel Gummidge#9

Watched something on Youtube and it got me thinking about how different the world will be in the future, even now looking back at the last 40 years things have changed so much i.e technology etc, things are always changing even when we don't realise, to think how different it would be living now and then going back 50 years would be crazy.

Ps - No I haven't been on the wacky backy haha

If we can move away from capitalism towards a more produce based economy and move away from plastics/fossil fuels towards reusables/composables/recyclables/renewables then future generations are going to have a fantastic world to live in.

However, I can see it being more likely that capitalism leads to a World War. How far away that is, I don’t know, but there are too many idiots in positions of power for it not to. And plastics/fossil fuels ruining the environment is an inevitability because the aims for reduction are far too far in the future.

If we can move away from capitalism towards a more produce based economy and move away from plastics/fossil fuels towards reusables/composables/recyclables/renewables then future generations are going to have a fantastic world to live in.

However, I can see it being more likely that capitalism leads to a World War. How far away that is, I don’t know, but there are too many idiots in positions of power for it not to. And plastics/fossil fuels ruining the environment is an inevitability because the aims for reduction are far too far in the future.

Yeah that's what I was meaning mate interesting stuff

Being positive i can imagine a world where AI and automation has led to a world of universal basic income and the working week may be just 10 hrs per week or voluntary. Tech advances leads more and more to a post scarcity economy. If we don't blow ourselves up or some nutjob from a cdc centre doesn't release a plague on us because his missus binned him then i can see it almost being a certainty.

No one has any idea what the world will be like in 2089.

In 1949 no one had any idea that we’d have the internet, google, amazon, tv on demand, space travel, the EU, mobile phones, 33 rpm LPs, CDs, streamed music, freed the world of smallpox, largely eradicated polio, diphtheria, whooping cough, Herat transplants, AIDS, Ebola, global warming, etc., etc..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.