Do you think we should support the top 6 plan to receive a higher share of PL income?

Then those in the last 14 places should try and finish higher instead of being happy to just survive. All the clubs in the Prem make shit-loads, they just choose not to re-invest and aim higher.

I'm sure some reading this think it'll be money just given to Us, Rags, Dippers, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal no matter where they finish. Burnley should have tried to finish in the top 6 this year at Arsenals expense, instead they wen the safer option and just finished 7th, a bigger share of money may make them think twice next season.
I'd be interested as to what the evidence is that says they aren't trying. Burnley got close and Everton were fairly ambitious in the transfer market last summer.
The only possible way to break in to the top 6 and remain there consistently is by having money pumped into the club like we have had

I'd be interested as to what the evidence is that says they aren't trying. Burnley got close and Everton were fairly ambitious in the transfer market last summer.
The only possible way to break in to the top 6 and remain there consistently is by having money pumped into the club like we have had

They all earn a fortune, they then either don't invest it at all or make piss poor signings on journeymen players, it's high time a lot of fans of these clubs asked what their owners were trying to achieve, the likes of Everton, Newcastle or West ham should be doing a damn site better, Christ Arsenal have missed out on the top 4 for 2 seasons now, they hardly spend money and should have been challenged by those clubs i've mentioned let alone Burnley!!

This we can't afford it bollocks is just that, bollocks.

The profit made by the teams placed 7th to 17th?

The profit made by the teams placed 7th to 17th?
Here's Burnley's, hardly a staggering amount is it
c6b4b1e57f01161d658f7a17ae38739a.jpg

Here's Burnley's, hardly a staggering amount is it
c6b4b1e57f01161d658f7a17ae38739a.jpg
No issue with Burnley, they pushed to finish as high as they can. Anyone in the top 12 will be better off, Burnley would be much better off under the new system.

Did you manage to look up the others? (ie the ones we were talking about who lack any ambition other than to simply survive and enjoy the PL financial cake.)?

No issue with Burnley, they pushed to finish as high as they can. Anyone in the top 12 will be better off, Burnley would be much better off under the new system.

Did you manage to look up the others? (ie the ones we were talking about who lack any ambition other than to simply survive and enjoy the PL financial cake.)?
Well if you look at my original comment I was saying that the top 6 don't need more money.
Burnley are a very well run club and exactly why I used them in my original reply to you.
If Burnley can't break into the top 6 and we continue to increase the gap in resources the problem will worsen.
The fact remains it's basically impossible for anyone to break into the top 6 and stay there anymore

Well if you look at my original comment I was saying that the top 6 don't need more money.
Burnley are a very well run club and exactly why I used them in my original reply to you.
If Burnley can't break into the top 6 and we continue to increase the gap in resources the problem will worsen.
The fact remains it's basically impossible for anyone to break into the top 6 and stay there anymore
What a strange argument “if Burnley can’t break into the top six then who can”? Ha.

Well plenty would be my argument, this whole ‘top six’ is a relatively new phenomenon. Burnley has the 19th highest wage bill in the league and finished 7th. Surely that suggests the opposite of your argument, it shows that teams can outperform their spend. If Burnley can finish a dozen places above their ‘rightful’ position then surely Everton could overcome a single place?

Anyway, the agreements moot, it’s been passed and it’s meritocratic. Unlike F1, where Ferrari get more than anyone simply for turning up. Something I’ve never seen you complain about on that thread.

What a strange argument “if Burnley can’t break into the top six then who can”? Ha.

Well plenty would be my argument, this whole ‘top six’ is a relatively new phenomenon. Burnley has the 19th highest wage bill in the league and finished 7th. Surely that suggests the opposite of your argument, it shows that teams can outperform their spend. If Burnley can finish a dozen places above their ‘rightful’ position then surely Everton could overcome a single place?

Anyway, the agreements moot, it’s been passed and it’s meritocratic. Unlike F1, where Ferrari get more than anyone simply for turning up. Something I’ve never seen you complain about on that thread.
Everton went for it in the transfer market last year and ended up eighth.
And no I wholeheartedly disagree with Ferrari getting more money than other teams.
Nice whataboutery though

Everton went for it in the transfer market last year and ended up eighth.
And no I wholeheartedly disagree with Ferrari getting more money than other teams.
Nice whataboutery though
It’s not whataboutery as it’s entirely related. The vote that passed confirmed the new deal is more meritocratic than the previous deal in direct contrast to another prime ‘sport’.

Everton’s net spend was tiny last year. They didn’t go ‘big’ at all.

Also they posted a profit of £30m on a revenue of £170m. Plenty of room to have reinvested in the playing staff.

It’s not whataboutery as it’s entirely related. The vote that passed confirmed the new deal is more meritocratic than the previous deal in direct contrast to another prime ‘sport’.

Everton’s net spend was tiny last year. They didn’t go ‘big’ at all.

Also they posted a profit of £30m on a revenue of £170m. Plenty of room to have reinvested in the playing staff.
It is due to the fact they're entirely different sports with completely different circumstances. I still disagree with Ferrari getting more money than others for turning up much like I disagree with Williams silly historical payments despite the fact they're a joke at the moment.
There's a £73m gap from last year's revenue of the 6th highest income team (spurs) and the 7th highest team (Leicester)
Does this gap really need to increase?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.