Do you throw money away?

B B

Ballet-on-ice

This question might only apply to those who still use cash, but do you bother anymore with copper and small change? If my change is less than about 20p I usually tell the cashier to keep the change, or rather say a mancunian "that's right that mate/love".

If it's a self service til I only collect the silver but leave the copper in the tray, can't be arsed with 2 and 1p's and sometimes even 5's. Surely I'm not the only one who does this?

Don't use cards....cash is king.

I've got a massive whisky bottle all the shrapnel goes in, when it's half full I take it to Tesco and put it Into their coin machine, then Lady Death goes shopping and offsets the bill with it....
Only a few quid but every little helps innit....

Bag the bronze and weigh it in at the bank once a year. If you coin star it you will loose 10% and that just cannot be right in any civilized society. Watch the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.

Last edited:
About 5 years ago I'd coppered up something like £175.

I've currently got a load of 1-20s that need changing, off the top of my head, £50 maybe, but I've hardly added to it for the last 2 years because I hardly use money anymore. Cash machine gets used once or twice a month.

I much prefer Google pay, contactless etc. Money is rank, the filth of it, especially the coins. Grotty as fuck fingers after coppering up.

I've got a massive whisky bottle all the shrapnel goes in, when it's half full I take it to Tesco and put it Into their coin machine, then Lady Death goes shopping and offsets the bill with it....
Only a few quid but every little helps innit....
Noooo in the machine and they take x%, the way to do it is go in when it's quiet and fire it all in a self service till to buy 'free' shopping.

I don't need to throw money away, I have a wife who is frighteningly good at doing it for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.