Does anyone who went to Madrid for the first leg think they contracted the virus over there ?

The Liverpool v AM game was 11th March

Reports say symptoms of Covid19 appear after 2-7 days from initial infection (some reports do differ)

The spike in Liverpool was 22nd/23rd March, 11/12 days later....I must be bad at maths as they don't seem to coincide directly with "being at the match". More likely, a small number caught it at the match then passed it on causing the spike.

That said, there are brainier people than me running this country!!!
People have been ill for weeks with it, some even thought they were getting better then got worse and died.

People have been ill for weeks with it, some even thought they were getting better then got worse and died.

I went to the game at Anfield because I stupidly thought that if UEFA were actually sanctioning people travelling from Madrid that the necessary medical boxes were ticked. Of course that wasn’t the case and whilst I suffered mild symptoms in the coming weeks, one of the lads was hit hard. He’s sound now and didn’t need any hospital attention but the fact that the game was even allowed to go ahead by UEFA was a disgrace in hindsight. What is even more concerning is that all the English fixtures went ahead but other countries’ didn’t. That’s at UEFA’s instigation too. Weird.

After getting back from Madrid and Wembley I had a cough for a few weeks and some night sweats.

My kids were with me on both trips, they ok but my wife got a cough also for a few days

Who knows

I went to the game at Anfield because I stupidly thought that if UEFA were actually sanctioning people travelling from Madrid that the necessary medical boxes were ticked. Of course that wasn’t the case and whilst I suffered mild symptoms in the coming weeks, one of the lads was hit hard. He’s sound now and didn’t need any hospital attention but the fact that the game was even allowed to go ahead by UEFA was a disgrace in hindsight. What is even more concerning is that all the English fixtures went ahead but other countries’ didn’t. That’s at UEFA’s instigation too. Weird.
Was there not some closed door games played in the champions league that week.
If so I wonder why this game was not played behind close doors.

I had no problems after milan game, however, my journey to madrid was a flight from manchester to barcelona, several beers in a few bars then early train to madrid, met up with a group of friends, beer, metro and match, then after game a few more beers and train back to barcelona for flight, two heavily infected areas as we found out later.
After a week or so i had a blinding headache for a few days which went away then, a week later it returned and the mrs started with a dry cough which she had for 2/3 weeks, symptoms of covid yes, but to be honest, did i have it ??????

Will this antibody test they are proposing confirm if you have had it.

As most says, you were ill closely after a matchday, then its reasonable to say you caught it there.

As an earlier poster said, 41 people are dead and linked to that Liverpool vs AM game - just proves that grounds may not be safe.

I was a bit worried because I'm on the 12 weeks high risk isolation and with going to Madrid the Swamp, Wembley and Sheffield but I've been fine, and none of the people we went with have tested positive

Myself and a mate went to Madrid for game flew via Frankfurt going out and Belgium on way back ,stayed 3 days ,plaza Mayor before match and lots of bars .. mate was on antibiotics for 3 weeks after coming home, but didn't go to doctors got his prescription after phone diagnoses and I had dry cough,feeling shit and headaches for over 2 weeks after coming home . went to Wembley to on the Sunday.. but id say we had it and didn't know at time ..might know if or when we get the Antibody test

Last edited:
Was there not some closed door games played in the champions league that week.
If so I wonder why this game was not played behind close doors.

This is what we’ve been wondering and asking about for months. There were closed doors and postponed fixtures yet our game and the Wolves one were deemed fine. And at the seeming executive behest of UEFA. Fucking stinks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.