Does Gary Cook understand this club?

Garry Cook is a top man - he might not be a fully fledged blue some eyes, but the effort and hard work he puts in to this club is absolutely fantastic. If you ever get the opportunity to speak to the man in person you realise that he his passionate about turning City into a success, but as he has self admitted many times he isn't a 'football' person. But he's getting there.

Oh and just for the record - I think he was spot on with the typical City phrase - but it's all been character building, so its not a phrase I want to shun!

And City Til I Die to me is a song to be proud of - it signifies how no matter what happens on and off the pitch, we will all stay strong blues together - almost a pisstake out of the teams which have glory supporters - we are always going to be City; who will you be next week? (or at least thats how I grew up thinking it to be - quite possibly because I grew up in RAGLAND)

Re: Does this tosser understand this club?

Didsbury Dave said:
Boots_ said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I worry about his chin, as well, to be honest.

There's something deeply buffoonish about that bohemoth of a chin.

Spot on DD. It needs a bit plaining off and re-shaping slightly.

Agreed. there appear to be a lot of those kind chins in the sport of rugby - it's a public school thing I think.

Will Greenwood.

Didsbury Dave said:
Yet again, IP, no mention of that chin.

Can you name anyone successful in the world ever with an outsize chin like that?

And don't give me Jimmy Hill. He ended up ruining football.

The great Fabio Capello? He's got a fabulous chin; you could dig a hole with it.

<a class="postlink" href="http://secciondeportiva.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/fabio_capello_rueda_prensa.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://secciondeportiva.com/wp-content/ ... prensa.jpg</a>

Ok he might have got CTID wrong to some aspect but for god's sake everyone calm down. It's the media linking us everywhere with everyone and for us to become successful we need proven people pushing us in the right direction, we wont always agree but we are now a professional club and being taken very seriously. I remember the days when Franny was on the radio everyday, do we want those days back. The players will be signed when its right for the player and club so until then, sit back, smile and enjoy what we have all dreamed about, because under our leadership, it will happen.

Re: Does this tosser understand this club?

Eddie said:
paphos-mcfc said:
I'm not going to lose sleep over it! Oh, and by the way, does anyone else think that Cook looks like Marty Feldman in that picture??
That just made me spit my brew out. Certainly yes. Hahaha!

Insult to Marty Feldman or wat...take that back...porr Marty...more like Peter Beardsley chowing a firework...

mba0433l.jpg

I half agree with him, but for a different reason.

I couldn't care less about 'the link with pain, agony and nearing death' with City Til I Die.

However, I do think it's a bit twee and comedy. To be honest, if I was a rag (insert your own comment), I would take the piss out of that phrase mercilessly.

I also don't like other twee phrases that supporters of club add on to their every statement. 'Glory, Glory' at Celtic, 'Follow, Follow' at Rangers or any other.

I reckon they are all twee and ripe for taking the piss. They remind me of either the Cub Scouts or of grown men who get emotional at the end of films and quote the catchphrases to the screen whilst watching.

What I also like about CTID is that people will write any amount of old bollocks on here (again, insert your own comment) and then sign off 'CTID' as some sort of disclaimer.

"SWP feeds beefburgers to swans. I think he should face the electric chair for it and Gary Neville should become our new manager. Whilst we are at it get rid of our owners and sell the club to Martin Edwards."

"What the feck is this guy on about, what a clown."

"CTID"

Oh, he's CTID, alright then, fair point.

Re: DOES THIS TOSSER UNDERSTAND THIS CLUB

Dubai Blue said:
blue_soundwave said:
nowhere near as his interview where he slates the masters, that one really annoyed me
He never slated the Masters. He said he couldn't believe that Sky were hosting a football tournament that used our name and badge but had absolutely nothing to do with the club. And he was spot on.

Seems you got the wrong end of that interview, just as the OP has with this interview.

“Our merchandising values are a shock to me. There’s a Masters tournament three miles down the road with a team of ex-players wearing a uniform sponsored by a whole bunch of sponsors. They used our name! They used our badge! We were nothing to do with it and we actually went and congratulated them in our own programme [for beating United]."

Yeh why should we congratulate our old players for winning. They don't even use our badge on the kits.

This was pretty insulting as well I thought

“China and India are gagging for football content to watch and we’re going to tell them that City is their content. We need a superstar to get through that door. Richard Dunne doesn’t roll off the tongue in Beijing. Ronaldinho brings access to major sponsors and financial reward."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.