Does Manchester need to demolish and relocate Strangeways??

I actually love Strangeways being where it is. It is a massive part of our social history
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but there was a pub or something once just in front of it that took a hit during WW2.
My Gran always remembered it as she was born and raised (1916) in Higher Broughton and was still living there with my uncle (he was a newborn or a toddler), when it hit. She was under the kitchen table.

I actually love Strangeways being where it is. It is a massive part of our social history
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but there was a pub or something once just in front of it that took a hit during WW2.
My Gran always remembered it as she was born and raised (1916) in Higher Broughton and was still living there with my uncle (he was a newborn or a toddler), when it hit. She was under the kitchen table.
Many parts of Strangeways, perhaps the whole lot are listed buildings.

CB8CB919-F4F8-4C26-8084-2A7B3CE45AD5.jpeg

Relocate the prison, by all means. But knocking down this building would be a total disgrace, it’s one of the best and most iconic buildings in this city (we don’t have many as it is).

This is the sort of place that you could do something really special with if it was renovated and converted into something of use for the public. Would breathe life into a dead area of the city.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.