Does Manchester need to demolish and relocate Strangeways??

My plan to do this project with @worsleyweb seems to be dying. I dm'd him, I pm'd him I even M&M'd him, (I said to do it wouldn't be peanuts) but he hasn't got back to me.
I think some of his reluctance comes from when I project managed the Beecham Towers on Deansgate it went wrong and as they say I caught a cold on that one.

Take it dowm brick by brick and move it to somwhere with more space, like Alderly Edge. Build affordable homes on the land:
The inmates get more fresh air in the world class outdoor facilities;
people get decent housing in the city;
the residents of Alderly Edge get to see where their taxes go;
and @worsleyweb gets to show Boris round the development in matching Hi-Vizs.

Everyone's a winner!

Piccadilly gardens is an eyesore. I think alot of the land east of Piccadilly needs redeveloping.
Walking past where Piccadilly 21 used to be last week, one planter had a dead tree in it, another with some plant in on its last legs, and the third with a load of empty cans in. Where’s the civic pride?

Not sure what my Grandad would have made of it with him having been a gardener for the council.

Why? It’s a huge part of the heritage and culture of Manchester.

‘improvement’ - do you mean the identical luxury flats that most can’t afford? (Mini version of London)

if your going to demolish anything it should be all the warehouses around it - it’s a complete wasteland most of it

Last edited:
After what they have done to Manchester nothing they do now can make it any worse.

Does anyone on off top have a sense of humour ?

No Barky, you don't, neither do you Eyeda

Last edited:
They could use the land at Worsleywebs house. He wont mind
If you pay him enough he won't give one shit. Land and houses all have their price, my mam has lived in the same house since 1956, I've moved 7 times at least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.