Does Petrov have a future with us

nevblue

I hope so. I couldn't understand today why Hughes did not bring him on at some point to stretch the pompey defence, for I imagine with his speed and tremendous crossing ability Adebayor and Tevez would have a field day. Could his lack of appearance be due to the rumours of a possible transfer away from the club. I do hope not for I feel he is just the sort of bench player we need to have to change things round a bit when things have gone a bit stale.

If he cannot get into the first team when we aren't playing Robinho then his time is up in my opinion. I fully expect to see him leave in the none-to-distant future.

I'm not too sure given that he wasn't played when Robbie was rested today

I'm guessing we'll find out after Tuesday 5:00pm when the window shuts

The thing is we have been leading in all our games this season, so there has been no need to bring Petrov on. He would be a great option when we need to mix it up a bit and try something different. For me, in his limited time on the pitch in pre season, he was our best player by far!

moomba said:
Don't think he does to be honest.

Shame really, he is quality.

Agreed. Old fashioned winger that gets people off their seats. Just not hard enough.

It's a squad game.

Long gone are the days City fielded there strongest 11 (which was shit anyway) with 5/7 bags of wank on the bench.

Petrov has 2 choices, fight at City as a squad player or go to a smaller club with less ambition and play week in week out.

TheMightyQuinn said:
It's a squad game.

Long gone are the days City fielded there strongest 11 (which was shit anyway) with 5/7 bags of wank on the bench.

Petrov has 2 choices, fight at City as a squad player or go to a smaller club with less ambition and play week in week out.

How he can fight when Hugges don`t put him in play, he played outstanding and Hugi still don`t put him in play , i think Petrov got enough disrespect from HUGI and that`s why he want to leave

MonacoCityFan said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
It's a squad game.

How he can fight when Hugges don`t put him in play, he played outstanding and Hugi still don`t put him in play , i think Petrov got enough disrespect from HUGI and that`s why he want to leave

today was a bit of a slap in the face. if he is going to be third choice behind robinho and bellamy, I'd understand if he disrespected, but hughes picked a team to compete physically today, and it worked. michael brown would just love kicking robinho or petrov.
if hughes really doesnt want petrov, he will leave... but I still hope he has plans for martin.

***edit*** if 'Hugi' really doesn't want petrov ***edit***

Petrov is a runner not a footballer....his crosses are and always have been all over the place......cash in on him while we can.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.