Does the constant slander about City bother you?

They can spout all the shit they want as we either don't or can't do anything about it.

Strange thing is, if it were ALL about positively publisizing Abu then it's the one thing we've been shit at.

My only real concern is that parents could be swayed to support their kids become blues & effects on sponsorship deals.

The stuff between fans has always gone in. The weird thing is the media angle and their poor research. The really worrying thing is the domestic TV media narrative. It’s ‘organised and clear’ that we are the panto villains and symptomatic of media manipulation of wider society

Whether it’s how much money we spend, ‘lack of history’, FFP, Pep etc. It’s got to the point where I’ve just deleted Twitter etc simply because it’s so f*cking boring reading this nonsense every day. Don’t these people get bored??
not bothered about their jealousy but i am bothered that we don't fight back .
it makes us look guilty of the accusations they are spouting .

The only time I'm made aware of the stick we get is when I read it on here.
If people are daft enough to listen to TS everyday or read the various redtops or watch Sky sports news they probably deserve all the angst they feel because they are happy to get their fix from the very worst type of bottom feeder media.

Indeed. We've seen in recent times, particularly in the 1930's and 1940's how words lead to actions.

There's no doubt that much of the lies and smears are driven by other clubs and their lickspittles in the media. I always believed in the past that journalists were seekers of facts, tellers of truths and enemies of injustice. But this current crop of football journalists are (to quote Aneurin Bevan) lower than vermin.

They've whipped up xenophobia and outright racism. None are remotely bothered about facts, fairness or the consequences of their words. They spew out just what their puppet masters, be they club PR teams, agents, advertisers, even political entities, tell them to write.

For those saying they're not bothered, well that's great but I've suffered personally at the hands of some of these lowlife pieces of shit. Delaney, Corbett, the two Harrises, have themselves attacked me directly, and encouraged others to do so.

They've formally complained about me to my employer and to City. Fortunately both stood firm but they could easily have cost me my livelihood, simply because I've stood up and defended my club. They were happily prepared to ruin me and that certainly bothers me.

Fortunately some stood shoulder-to-shoulder with me and they suffered as well. I know two people who were driven to being treated for depression by these shitbags. And those shitbags will think that's a job well done. That's how low they are.

Everyone who considers themselves a City fan absolutely SHOULD be bothered by this constant outpouring of uninformed drivel, slander and outright lies. It's a war and you're all in the trenches whether you like it or not.
Bang on.
Much as i try i still can't let it go when some clown i know pops up on sm spewing their shit, especially when they're wrong as well.
Just this morning i've reacted to a rag mate posting shit on fb about City fans. I will see him in the pub later and can guarantee he will claim he was 'having a laugh' or just 'winding City fans up'.

‘We hate it when our friends become successful’ in the words of The Smiths. City’s rise to the top has put a lot of teams noses out of joint, Arsenal had their team pillaged by us in the early days of the take over, Liverpool sunk down the pecking order of Champions league qualification and the rags have spent a billion pound to try and keep up with us and have nothing to show for it. We took trophies, players and revenue away from these teams who thought they could create a closed shop.

Would I prefer to be plucky City who was everyone’s 2nd team as we plunged down the leagues in the 90s? Would I fuck, enjoy this period of football as the rags are a shining example of success not lasting for ever. If we are boiling piss, we must be good. Fuck em.

It only bothers me in the way that it is uneducated, unresearched or deliberately misleading.

Yes, we get some things wrong. But for people to get on their high horses about oil rich city and the human rights abuse we obviously all now partake in, whilst ignoring other teams in the same league having:

Sponsors and investors involved in embezzlement and gun running
Selling spolied meat to schoolkids(allegedly)
Prior approvals on the selection of the new league chief executive
Financial structures that take money out of the game, and country, rather than in
Owners being best friends with western hating dictators
Owners who don't properly clean and service their own ground, left alone the surrounding area
A club that pays footballers for charity match appearances out of the money raised for that charity
A club that kicks widows of their ex players out of housing that was 'in the way of progress'
A club that walked away from the women's game because it wasn't profitable, funnily enough at the same time city were investing and promoting football for ladies. Wait, Arabs... equality... What? Mind. Blown? Nope,just celebrate the reinstatement of the other team when they return to the ladies game as 'womens football has finally arrived'.

And plenty more but I can't be bothered. I'd rather watch a fifty pass to top corner city video to be honest. Because, and that's part of it, hating those who have what you want is just always a thing. Grealish, titles, an actual business plan, they want it and we have it. So they whine away.

Then we're really not at all that bad in comparison, are we? One might even think it comes down to a bit of good ol' fashioned racism.

No other club is held responsible for the actions of the mother nation of its owners. If they were, then we could all scream at Chelsea for the still almost universally unrecognised Russians occupation of Ukraine, United for the continued submissions of other countries freedom, Spurs for the exploitation of half the world and Liverpool for celebrating founding fathers who were slave owners.

Last edited:
I think there are demographics that don't hate City.

For starters, there are probably a lot of fans of clubs that genuinely don't give a shit about City as their clubs are so far away that City will never be a concern to them.

There's still the ABU and ABL crowds.

Sunderland fans seem alright.

Kids such as the FIFA generation bunch don't care for this stuff.

Fans that only watch the games and engage in no other football media probably don't care.

I imagine that most of the hatred is primarily English and European based. Elsewhere they probably aren't as bothered unless they support a team that rivals City.

I mention all of this because sometimes for us the slander feels universal, but I don't think it truly is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.