Does the constant slander about City bother you?

For those saying they're not bothered, well that's great but I've suffered personally at the hands of some of these lowlife pieces of shit. Delaney, Corbett, the two Harrises, have themselves attacked me directly, and encouraged others to do so.

They've formally complained about me to my employer and to City. Fortunately both stood firm but they could easily have cost me my livelihood, simply because I've stood up and defended my club. They were happily prepared to ruin me and that certainly bothers me.

Fortunately some stood shoulder-to-shoulder with me and they suffered as well. I know two people who were driven to being treated for depression by these shitbags. And those shitbags will think that's a job well done. That's how low they are.

Everyone who considers themselves a City fan absolutely SHOULD be bothered by this constant outpouring of uninformed drivel, slander and outright lies. It's a war and you're all in the trenches whether you like it or not.
What possible grounds for complaint did they have? Simply that you were disagreeing with them and proving them wrong in public?

Whether it’s how much money we spend, ‘lack of history’, FFP, Pep etc. It’s got to the point where I’ve just deleted Twitter etc simply because it’s so f*cking boring reading this nonsense every day. Don’t these people get bored??

When it reaches the point whereby there's a huge outcry and demonstrations whenever we try and buy a player, and clubs start directly approaching our rivals rather than contemplate selling players to us, then yes it bothers me. It also bothers me (and I can't understand the blase attitudes on here about it) when the media are able to create an environment of such hostility towards us that it might prejudice opinion against us in any legal disputes we may then become involved in and strengthen the resolve of hitherto unaffected third parties to "do something about us"

Not so sure about "bother", more "irritates". I understand it from rival fans. "haters gonna hate", and all that. They're not worried about getting their facts wrong. But I'd have thought that the media would be a bit more careful about some of the shit they peg our way. But hey; the club apparently don't care about it, given the seeming lack of action taken against said media.

Indeed. We've seen in recent times, particularly in the 1930's and 1940's how words lead to actions.

There's no doubt that much of the lies and smears are driven by other clubs and their lickspittles in the media. I always believed in the past that journalists were seekers of facts, tellers of truths and enemies of injustice. But this current crop of football journalists are (to quote Aneurin Bevan) lower than vermin.

They've whipped up xenophobia and outright racism. None are remotely bothered about facts, fairness or the consequences of their words. They spew out just what their puppet masters, be they club PR teams, agents, advertisers, even political entities, tell them to write.

For those saying they're not bothered, well that's great but I've suffered personally at the hands of some of these lowlife pieces of shit. Delaney, Corbett, the two Harrises, have themselves attacked me directly, and encouraged others to do so.

They've formally complained about me to my employer and to City. Fortunately both stood firm but they could easily have cost me my livelihood, simply because I've stood up and defended my club. They were happily prepared to ruin me and that certainly bothers me.

Fortunately some stood shoulder-to-shoulder with me and they suffered as well. I know two people who were driven to being treated for depression by these shitbags. And those shitbags will think that's a job well done. That's how low they are.

Everyone who considers themselves a City fan absolutely SHOULD be bothered by this constant outpouring of uninformed drivel, slander and outright lies. It's a war and you're all in the trenches whether you like it or not.
Spot-on. Those who say we should ignore the false and often racially motivated narratives peddled about our club are just wrong. These narratives are damaging to us. I don't believe UEFA would have opened an investigation against any other club in the world based on a handful of stolen inconclusive emails. They were pressurised into doing it by our commercial rivals and their pals in the media. The investigation caused stress to everyone at our club during this period.
I believe we have been damaged reputationally and commercially by this media campaign. We have to call out our enemies and correct the fake news stories to counteract this.
I believe the violent attacks on families of City fans I witnessed from Villa fans at Wembley were a result of hatred being whipped up in the media against our club and I have seen similar scenes at Anfield in recent years, also fuelled by the media.
I think those fans, including yourself, who have have fought our corner in the media have done a fantastic job for the club despite the personal risks you have rightly highlighted. Thanks for doing it.

Indeed. We've seen in recent times, particularly in the 1930's and 1940's how words lead to actions.

There's no doubt that much of the lies and smears are driven by other clubs and their lickspittles in the media. I always believed in the past that journalists were seekers of facts, tellers of truths and enemies of injustice. But this current crop of football journalists are (to quote Aneurin Bevan) lower than vermin.

They've whipped up xenophobia and outright racism. None are remotely bothered about facts, fairness or the consequences of their words. They spew out just what their puppet masters, be they club PR teams, agents, advertisers, even political entities, tell them to write.

Right on the money Colin. I don't understand those who say they're not bothered by what is an onslaught orchestrated by people who want nothing less than our complete ruination. Baffling

The real issue is the media who feed the trolls with mis-information , unfortunatley there are so mnay gullible people in this world who believe everything they read , but in essence we are by far the most succesful club in UK and one of the best in europe , we have put a lot of noses out of joint of the "established" clubs not just in the UK but all over euorpe.
Its hate, jealousy , envy call it what you want but its the small price we pay for watching the best football i have ever seen under the best coach in the world with the greatest owners a club could wish to have.
To all the detractors F*CK YOU , you jealous sons of bitches.

What possible grounds for complaint did they have? Simply that you were disagreeing with them and proving them wrong in public?
Well of course that was behind it but they went through years of social media stuff on here and Twitter. Rob Harris laughably accused me of being antisemitic, because I questioned whether he'd be supporting a Twitter boycott that I and many other Jews took part in as a protest against antisemitism on that platform. And when I say he accused me, he complained informally to City, then when they dismissed that, escalated it to a formal complaint. City got lawyers and Jewish communal groups involved who all apparently said they didn't consider it antisemitic. But that was the sort of lengths these people went to.

If anyone has kids at the Watergrove Academy schools in Rochdale (such as Wardle High) one of the leading members of this was (still is) an internet troll who was certainly working with Nick Harris. Him, Harris and I believe Corbett stalked people connected with some of us on LinkedIn and other platforms.

Rob Harris and Corbett seem to well connected in Qatar, and of course there was the diplomatic spat between Qatar and the UAE, Saudi et al at the time. Whether that played a part is a question I'd like the answer to.

Last edited:
There was an exceptionally sanctimonious Liverpool fan who used to get on my nerves at work. All the stuff about morality, ethics etc. Didn't like being told that his phone contained minerals mined by Congolese children or that his clothes were most likely made in a sweat shop.

"But those are essentials......"

Even better when Silver Lake put a cash injection into City, as Silver Lake also owned the company we were working at. He stopped talking to me when I said his actions contribute to our ability to spend, and I thanked him.

The sustained and orchestrated dark art of propaganda against our Club? Yep, it bugs the fuck out of me but not as much as the despair of knowing there's a sub-human chunk of society created and sustained by the media who constantly regurgitate it. The media is a virus slowly destroying society.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.