Does the constant slander about City bother you?

Whether it’s how much money we spend, ‘lack of history’, FFP, Pep etc. It’s got to the point where I’ve just deleted Twitter etc simply because it’s so f*cking boring reading this nonsense every day. Don’t these people get bored??
when we were shit we weren’t a threat to any of the so called top four and they either took pity on us or laughed at our failures.

Now we’ve become one of the best teams in world football, the only shit they can throw at us is the likes of ffp, basically it’s pure envy and jealousy, and the more they are jealous means we are even more successful, enjoy the ride and long may it continue.

If the club aren't bothered doing anything about it then why should I be ? They either appear ignorant of it or happy for it to be water off a duck's back. WUMs on Twitter or professional media outlets twisting the knife. Nothing much you can do except ignore them all.

Bothers me more when young kids get grief because they’re wearing their City shirt, not on, plenty of times I see little rag and dippers and feel the urge, but never do, I’m an adult.
On that basis alone, I think the club should be a bit more proactive in confronting some of the bullshit.

We know it, they know it, we are the most successfully run club in the world at the moment. It’s all pure jealousy expressed by constant sniping and fault finding by the media and fans alike. Just let’s enjoy being in this position and be proud.

No matter what happens we will be an oil funded cheating no history club with plastic support for the next 30-40 year

Lots of memes/tweets/opinions about how we haven’t sold out the first home game. Literally could be 150 single seats out of 55,000 but it will be empty apparently.

Check match day threads on rivals forums and it’s all about our support (or lack of it) at Wembley today.

Used to bother me as it’s natural to defend your club a against bullshit accusations like you would with a family member.

Now I couldn’t give rats arse.

I remember when I was 7 and got bored of “my dad is better than your dad”
I wonder how many of those slating our support yesterday have shelled out hundreds of pounds over the last few years to go to what is essentially a pre season friendly?

A lot of it is jealousy, especially coming from the 'red clubs' driven by the media pandering to them. Like many I don't really read articles about City in the media, and I turn the sound down when we're on TV (harder obviously when on the radio!)
Is there too much money in football, yes absolutely! But this even goes back to the late 70s when there was shock at Forest paying £1 million for Francis. Basically the money in football is like monopoly money (obviously not as you go down the divisions though)
Funnily enough I remember our neighbours being referred to as 'Cheque book United'(remember those things?) back in the day! Not sure if this was just something someone I know made up, but it certainly summed them up very nicely.
Yes, we are fortunate we had the investment, but the money has been well invested, it has produced some of the best football ever seen in England and the owners have regenerated a deprived area.
Empty seats? Football is bloody expensive and I can't blame people for paying bills etc..rather than going to a game (not just City fans) Plastics? all clubs have some, but a quick check of facts showed we had an average of nearly 30K in the (real) third division, and averages in the 40 000s in the Keegan/Pearce/Sven era when we were a mid table Prem team.
As for Leicester, nothing against them, it would be good if they edged out Liverpool or United from the Champs League places. However, their owner who died in that awful helicopter accident put huge amounts into that club. Okay, they haven't spent as much as us, but it wasn't all 'local boys come good for sure'...and they were fined for breaching FFP weren't they!!

No , no it doesn’t bring it on I couldn’t honestly give two FF’s a siege mentality suits me don’t normally wear city colours apart from a badge but just got a couple of city T-shirts for my jolly’s got the two little snakes kitted out as well. There’ll be worn with pride.

I don’t go on Twitter these days. If I want to read knee jerk posts by a load of idiots slagging City off, I just go to the charity shield thread.

I just laugh like fuck,and remind whoever makes the comment to me,and there's been a few,of how shit we once was and tell them the hell holes I've been to watch City,so I find it funny that we are where we are now.

It somehow works to shut the cunts up,because you can see the penny dropping in their heads,thinking yea,if only it happened to us.

Fuck them,fuck them all I say

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.