Does the constant slander about City bother you?

It bothers me because once you have demonised a club you can then act against them.

I find it very difficult to tolerate when otherwise intelligent, balanced, educated people just spout the same old bingo card at you. Friday night having a beer with two long time mates (a tarquin and a rag for their flaws) and we were discussing the economics of swap deals - I was telling them it wasn’t as simple as they seemed to think under FFP - you have to take into account amortisation etc and that’s why the economics around them can look weird. The tarquin is not buying it and spouts up with: “you’re not the first City fan to misunderstand FFP”. Fucking raging I was. Then if you prove to these people they are wrong in a logical manner they just shut down and revert to the bingo card. The other one was “City can spend whatever they want” which was so misinformed I just gave up at that point. I think it’s a potent combination of jealousy, inadequacy and insecurity.
One more thing - I never run into the pub rubbing our successes in anyone’s face - it’s always other fans that start the conversation. It’s definitely worse because I live in London now - hostile forces everywhere.

It doesn’t bother me, but the following irks me somewhat:

1. The covert (or in some cases, overt) racism implicit in phrases such as ‘Arab money’, ‘oil money’, or, especially, ‘dirty’ money.

2. The media is supposed to be - and holds itself out to be - impartial. On the contrary, it is packed to the rafters with UTD and Liverpool.

3. Most of these scribblers of nonsense make no effort to hide their allegiances. They make every effort to hide the hypocrisy of UTD and Liverpool fans criticising financial might and ‘plastic’ fans.

4. This wouldn’t be so bad if the majority of them were not themselves plastic fans. For fans with no connection to these working class cities, who support these clubs purely because they were the big clubs when they were growing up, to slag off a club with a working class fan base for NOT having busloads of tourists to ship in to fill seats for a carabao cup match following an CL away trip.

It wouldn‘t be so bad if the few city in the media (or indeed the club themselves) gave a bit back.

We were on the train back from the game yesterday and were sat near some Leicester fans. There were also a load of Wednesday fans coming back from Charlton. As we were standing up to get off one of the Wednesdayites was passing and said to both us and the Leicester fans, " you're living the dream you boys are aren't you" and we spoke as we were walking down the train. Me saying we were there once and him "It's what you've done that keeps us going"
I thought briefly, he got it, that we had spent years watching City when they were dire and we deserved it. No fan in their right mind would turn down what happened to us.
As my daughter was quick to point out when we got off the train however, he thought I was a Leicester fan and would not have said that if he knew I was a City fan He was probably not even old enough to remember our fan base in the eighties and nineties when we were doing exactly the same as him, travelling the country to watch shite served up at the likes of Charlton.
That depresses me, not the knobheads on Twitter who have probably never been to a game, or the hyprocisy from the Rags and Dippers, but the perception of real fans about City and their fanbase.

Just read a comment that asked how our revenue be so high when our ground only held 35k supporters. It is the constant narrative that feeds this ignorant beast.

They should just rename the Premier League Pantomime Season as we are the big bad wolf

For me it depends on how my head is. It got me really down when City ( we ) were waiting for the CAS result. It really did get to me way to much.

I think it was more to do with my mental health, but the constant attack on City by the press/media didnt help me. Obviously it wasnt just that, other things in my life didnt help as well.

Now with the help of medication I am feeling alot stronger, so I just shrug it of. If anyone wants to say its oil money etc I just reply 'well stop buying petrol than !' Just smile and walk of. Mostly I just ignore it, what difference can one manc in SE Kent do ?

To answer the op question yes it does bother me. And I wish the club would sue the arse of them.

The Amazon river runs for thousands of miles. At some points it runs through areas of the rain forest that are almost untouched and have been barely explored. Because of the porous limestone in these areas, the river water leaks through the stone and travels deep into the earth, and forms underground pools almost a mile below the surface. Over thousands of years, small blind transparent fish have lived and evolved in these pools. These fish have never seen the sun or surface and have never been seen by the human. These fish care more about this than I do.

It's the hypocrisy that I hate.
Yes, and the lack of truthful facts spouted as gospel.

I’m, personally, mortified if I said a fact (on any subject) that turned out to be false.
So the deluge of false information hypocritically stated by others does wind me up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.