Does the constant slander about City bother you?

Doesn't bother me, just helps to identify those who are thick/ignorant and racist.

We were on the train back from the game yesterday and were sat near some Leicester fans. There were also a load of Wednesday fans coming back from Charlton. As we were standing up to get off one of the Wednesdayites was passing and said to both us and the Leicester fans, " you're living the dream you boys are aren't you" and we spoke as we were walking down the train. Me saying we were there once and him "It's what you've done that keeps us going"
I thought briefly, he got it, that we had spent years watching City when they were dire and we deserved it. No fan in their right mind would turn down what happened to us.
As my daughter was quick to point out when we got off the train however, he thought I was a Leicester fan and would not have said that if he knew I was a City fan He was probably not even old enough to remember our fan base in the eighties and nineties when we were doing exactly the same as him, travelling the country to watch shite served up at the likes of Charlton.
That depresses me, not the knobheads on Twitter who have probably never been to a game, or the hyprocisy from the Rags and Dippers, but the perception of real fans about City and their fanbase.

I did enjoy a few trips to Charlton back in the day,but my regret on your train ride home that he didn't know you was a City fan,I'd have been gutted not knowing he knew..........the tosser :)

The words leads to calls for action and we know these are not empty threats.

If I weren’t an inanimate piece of plastic, ironically a by-product of blood soaked oil, I’d be duly concerned…

What the club did or did not do really is let all these lies, critiques to stick and stick and stick even more onto the club by the mainly United/Pool driven media.
they did a very good job because now huge number of fans from other clubs like Burnley, Soton etc are brainwashed as well with all these lies.

if they are happy that City's PR almost always ranging between the City bingo opinion than its all good, I am 100% sure we should have taken some action earlier down the years now its all too late.
If club is happy to absorb this kind of media against us do not be surprised if with the returning with the fans our away games will be a lot of booing our players who I think some of them at least is on the sensitive side on this and will effect them worse instead of better.

Grealish and Sterling will be booed a lot not only at Anfield and Villa park...

For a start Spurs will boo right in first game too and then next away game is Leicester, Chelsea, Liverpool.

I hope our players will develop thick skin and play better when being booed because imo with the returning of fans that is what we are about to run into a lot, especially maybe majority of away games.

But of course there is another side to this, if we would not be so successful domestic front they would not care about us.
But then there were other great clubs having similar success in last 30 years and the media nowhere near attacked them that much just go back to the sugardaddy era of Berlusconi/Milan, Moratti/Inter being bankrolled to great success for years.

What is so strange even Chelsea with Abra how end up being really part of the historic branch now, and the hate towards them really cannot be compared to City's.

Look at Grealish for 100m reactions in media and Lukaku for 97.5m.
and believe me if we get Lukaku and Chelsea gets Grealish its exactly the same as now.

This is what the media does in all aspects of life, from politics to football there are narratives that seek to make people think in a certain way (for profit). It's not pleasant as a City fan but it has far more dangerous and destructive effects when comes to openly corrupt and incompetent government, or the privatization of the NHS, or the change in the law to make one person demonstrating on his/her own run the risk of going to prison for 10 years.

I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me and last season in particular was even worse as we couldn't go to games, so had to put up with whatever shite sky or bt were coming out with on a weekly basis.

I'm really looking forward to getting back to going to games and just being able to enjoy that without it being ruined by bitter commentators and biased pundits.

Watching City games on TV these days I spend as much time ranting about the bullshit being said about us as I do enjoying the way we play. I know you can mute the commentary, but why should we have to.

Even worse that it spills over in to every football WhatsApp chat I'm in. Fans of other clubs absolutely lap this shit up and it becomes pretty grating having to defend City all the time, which I do because 99 percent of what is said about us is complete bollocks.

The obsession with attendances as well, in particular irritates me. The club didn't help with that, extending the stadium before it needed to, but the mental gymnastic of our critics who call us 'plastic fans' then can't work out how to apply it if we don't sell out a mid week league cup game is pretty amusing.

Fair play to those who can just brush it off, it's the best reaction but it definitely pisses me off.

The words leads to calls for action and we know these are not empty threats.
Indeed. We've seen in recent times, particularly in the 1930's and 1940's how words lead to actions.

There's no doubt that much of the lies and smears are driven by other clubs and their lickspittles in the media. I always believed in the past that journalists were seekers of facts, tellers of truths and enemies of injustice. But this current crop of football journalists are (to quote Aneurin Bevan) lower than vermin.

They've whipped up xenophobia and outright racism. None are remotely bothered about facts, fairness or the consequences of their words. They spew out just what their puppet masters, be they club PR teams, agents, advertisers, even political entities, tell them to write.

For those saying they're not bothered, well that's great but I've suffered personally at the hands of some of these lowlife pieces of shit. Delaney, Corbett, the two Harrises, have themselves attacked me directly, and encouraged others to do so.

They've formally complained about me to my employer and to City. Fortunately both stood firm but they could easily have cost me my livelihood, simply because I've stood up and defended my club. They were happily prepared to ruin me and that certainly bothers me.

Fortunately some stood shoulder-to-shoulder with me and they suffered as well. I know two people who were driven to being treated for depression by these shitbags. And those shitbags will think that's a job well done. That's how low they are.

Everyone who considers themselves a City fan absolutely SHOULD be bothered by this constant outpouring of uninformed drivel, slander and outright lies. It's a war and you're all in the trenches whether you like it or not.

Last edited:
Indeed. We've seen in recent times, particularly in the 1930's and 1940's how words lead to actions.

There's no doubt that much of the lies and smears are driven by other clubs and their lickspittles in the media. I always believed in the past that journalists were seekers of facts, tellers of truths and enemies of injustice. But this current crop of football journalists are (to quote Aneurin Bevan) lower than vermin.

They've whipped up xenophobia and outright racism. None are remotely bothered about facts, fairness or the consequences of their words. They spew out just what their puppet masters, be they club PR teams, agents, advertisers, even political entities, tell them to write.

For those saying they're not bothered, well that's great but I've suffered personally at the hands of some of these lowlife pieces of shit. Delaney, Corbett, the two Harrises, have themselves attacked me directly, and encouraged others to do so.

They've formally complained about me to my employer and to City. Fortunately both stood firm but they could easily have cost me my livelihood, simply because I've stood up and defended my club. They were happily prepared to ruin me and that certainly bothers me.

Fortunately some stood shoulder-to-shoulder with me and they suffered as well. I know two people who were driven to being treated for depression by these shitbags. And those shitbags will think that's a job well done. That's how low they are.

Everyone who considers themselves a City fan absolutely SHOULD be bothered by this constant outpouring of uninformed drivel, slander and outright lies. It's a war and you're all in the trenches whether you like it or not.

I dont disagree with you PB, and am sorry to hear about the shit they put you through,but do you know how much the club does to stop this ? Does the club do alot behind the scenes ?
It seems abit unfair that the club leaves it down to us fans to fight their corner.
I dont do social media because I know how much it would wind me up and effect my health.
I will defend our club till the cows come home ( well not the ESL ! ). I guess I am lucky because apart from dirty looks from southern rags and dippers, that's it. I dont mix with other fans, and the fans of other clubs that have known me for years know I have followed City through thick and thin. These fans at least to my face dont ever mention the shit the press/media say or write. If fact most say they wish they had owners like ours
But these fans also dont know about the great work being done in East Manchester etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.