Does the constant slander about City bother you?

The bigger you are , the more stick you get. Chuck in social media and it’s all amplified to ridiculous levels.
best to stay away from all the media stuff, watch ya team and a little bit of pundits after the match and go about ya life. Much better.

It's social media soundbites, people who don't understand football, bait, clickbait and media driven agendas. A few examples to just flat out ignore:

100 mill for Grealish = should of bagged 3 goals in his first game, 3 assists, dictated holding midfield and def, saved a pen, scored a pen and broke the 100m record at half time for a laugh.

Spurs beat City = Spurs better side, Kane should stay.

City's bench worth 10 billion = should never lose a game.

The bigger you are , the more stick you get. Chuck in social media and it’s all amplified to ridiculous levels.
best to stay away from all the media stuff, watch ya team and a little bit of pundits after the match and go about ya life. Much better.
Exactly right. Our rivals are not going to kiss our backsides. If you're hated, you know you're good. As a fan, the best thing to do is ignore it. Stay off social media. Don't watch Sky Sports News. Fill your life with other things. I watched the test match right up until our match kicked off. I changed back to the test right on half time and back to the game at kick-off. At full-time I changed the channel again. The punditry is the same regurgitated crap, spewed by the same old people game after game. What does it change? We know our team, we don't need them to tell us what we already know. Switch off from everything and don't entertain it. And if you happen to hear "empty seats", "dirty oil money", etc, you respond with "13 trophies in 10 years". Or "5 titles in 9 years". That is all that matters and the rest is irrelevant.

Also...money spent etc etc

I'm not sure how this is considered a dig. If I'm at the game and we score, I celebrate. It doesn't matter how much the striker costs, or how much he gets paid (Liverpool's wage isn't exactly the lowest in the league is it), I celebrate regardless.
If Phil Foden scores I celebrate. If Grealish scores I celebrate. I don't care how much each costs.
I go to Rochdale games where I travel 3 hours to watch shite football and we get beat 4 0 by a team of part time painter n decorators and I don't get pure unadulterated pleasure from knowing that whole team cost less than my all day travel bus ticket to the train station.

Exactly right. Our rivals are not going to kiss our backsides. If you're hated, you know you're good. As a fan, the best thing to do is ignore it. Stay off social media. Don't watch Sky Sports News. Fill your life with other things. I watched the test match right up until our match kicked off. I changed back to the test right on half time and back to the game at kick-off. At full-time I changed the channel again. The punditry is the same regurgitated crap, spewed by the same old people game after game. What does it change? We know our team, we don't need them to tell us what we already know. Switch off from everything and don't entertain it. And if you happen to hear "empty seats", "dirty oil money", etc, you respond with "13 trophies in 10 years". Or "5 titles in 9 years". That is all that matters and the rest is irrelevant.
Exactly this.

Post of the weekend.. end of .
post of the weekend!! Take a bow .

Over the lst few weeks I've definitely noticed a shift in perceptions from the neutrals (ie not really our rivals). Now that we've gone and broke the British transfer record there is a swing to the anti-City agenda for sure. Being a moderator on one of the streaming sites where fans from all teams stop by there was a palpable feeling of wanting us to lose today. It's quite obvious most of that is media driven as if you try and engage they don't really want to know. Quite sad really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.