Dogs!!!

Get rid of the pads. They give out mixed messages and if used should only be for a week or two. You have inadvertently trained her to use the pads. Six months is quite old now. I have always set my alarm every three hours with our pups, let them out and used a phrase that means take a pee. I usually say ‘busy busy’. Then when they do make a huge fuss of them and give a small treat. Usually takes 5-7 days, definitely trained before 12 week, and the job is done. My two piss as soon as you say busy busy. Ossie, the springer is now a year old this week....... fucking mental in a good way. I take him gun dog training and he’s loving it. Fearless..... now Clyde, my Munsterlander is as laid back as fuck. Lovely, gentle fella who is that chilled it’s unreal. The only time he gets pissed off is when the springer is still bouncing after a six mile walk, which is daily. I think Ossie’s off switch is broken.... these two are like family, in fact I love them more than most of my family.

I'll give this a try mate,starting this weekend,but I can see us having to buy a vax in next few weeks,the Mrs has her eye on one already,any excuse and all that,but like I said she's only doing it on the pads now..............................so is the dog :)

42693492891_bda0be29fa_z.jpg
[/url]

Said goodbye to Bert in August. Still think of him daily.

42693492891_bda0be29fa_z.jpg
[/url]

Said goodbye to Bert in August. Still think of him daily.

You will do mate,for a very very long time as well,lads have pics of their wives,girlfriends.kids on their screens on phones etc,but I still and will keep the pic of my little baby I lost in April,hurts like mad.

He looked a cracker by the way,proper chap did Bert

Get rid of the pads. They give out mixed messages and if used should only be for a week or two. You have inadvertently trained her to use the pads. Six months is quite old now. I have always set my alarm every three hours with our pups, let them out and used a phrase that means take a pee. I usually say ‘busy busy’. Then when they do make a huge fuss of them and give a small treat. Usually takes 5-7 days, definitely trained before 12 week, and the job is done. My two piss as soon as you say busy busy. Ossie, the springer is now a year old this week....... fucking mental in a good way. I take him gun dog training and he’s loving it. Fearless..... now Clyde, my Munsterlander is as laid back as fuck. Lovely, gentle fella who is that chilled it’s unreal. The only time he gets pissed off is when the springer is still bouncing after a six mile walk, which is daily. I think Ossie’s off switch is broken.... these two are like family, in fact I love them more than most of my family.

Great post. Just to add, put the dogs outside immediately after feeding.

A couple of years ago I put our Westie out at night before bed to have his last pee. Went to find him 10 mins later and found him dead on our back patio.. Seems we had simply forgotten how old he was and old age caught up with him.
Big shock, tears from myself and the wife, never again have a dog etc..
Anyway the next day a campo dog found us and asked us for a home and we relented, our Spanish neighbour gave us one of his terrier type pups and we inherited 2 out of a batch of 6 pups abandoned next to our land.

Our campo dog then found 2 kittens she wanted to mother so I'm beginning to think I have some sort of masochistic streak.

Vets bills alone have been expensive and we still say no more when they all bite the dust.
Don't know where to start on their collective mis deeds but offset against the security and pleasure they give us we will probably continue sharing our life and money with them.

Just to lighten the mood, I have just thrown mine in the shower. I tried to dry him with the towel before he legged it out the bathroom, jumped on the bed and dried himself. little bastard.

It made me smile though. He now smells like the ground floor of Debenhams which he hates so we are equal. He smells like a tart I have a wet bed.

The only way to hit a springer's off switch is to bring them swimming.

A handsome lad. I’m sure you gave him a good life.

So many lovely memories. Like most Bulldogs, he was frightened of his own shadow, bunting, paper bags, plastic bags, coats on the back of chairs and many other, unpredictable fears. He was also incredibly loyal, loving and protective. He also hated walks, though he was built like he trained for triathlons!

So many lovely memories. Like most Bulldogs, he was frightened of his own shadow, bunting, paper bags, plastic bags, coats on the back of chairs and many other, unpredictable fears. He was also incredibly loyal, loving and protective. He also hated walks, though he was built like he trained for triathlons!
Frightened? Wish mine had a bit more of that in him, he crosses the line between bravery and stupidity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.