Domenec Torrent (Pep's long time assistant) leaves the club, but not CFG

Even this season, one of the first to celebrate with him when we scored or won was Brian Kidd, who Pep clearly has a lot of time for.

Don't get wrong, I love Kiddo and think he plays a really valuable role in the sense of continuity, a go between in English, statesman, etc.

However I think it is a stretch to imagine him having any meaningful role in tactics or strategy.

However I think it is a stretch to imagine him having any meaningful role in tactics or strategy.
I didn't say he does, I said Pep clearly has a lot of time for him, you can see it regularly. I bet he has more input on the training pitch than most of us think, and its not just the English link, remember he has been a succesful assistant to Ferguson, and I'm sure that doesn't pass Pep by, nor will the fact that he's been with some of these players a lot longer than Pep's known them.

I think its always good to freshen up the backroom staff and have new ideas floating about. I think if we go with what we have we should be good to be contenders again. Get in a new coach to the back room set up and we will be grand. I agree Kiddo has been brilliant but how much longer will he want to continue. We might need to replace himself whenever he decides to call time on coaching. I would guess there will be a new coach added guessing who it would be might be the hardest thing. Would love to have a coach in that was a former player or just promote from within the setup.

I think its always good to freshen up the backroom staff and have new ideas floating about. I think if we go with what we have we should be good to be contenders again. Get in a new coach to the back room set up and we will be grand. I agree Kiddo has been brilliant but how much longer will he want to continue. We might need to replace himself whenever he decides to call time on coaching. I would guess there will be a new coach added guessing who it would be might be the hardest thing. Would love to have a coach in that was a former player or just promote from within the setup.

It was one of the things Ferguson did really well. He'd regularly shake up his backroom staff to provide new impetus and ideas.

What we are seeing is succession planning in action, on and off the pitch and throughout CFG.

I didn't say he does, I said Pep clearly has a lot of time for him, you can see it regularly. I bet he has more input on the training pitch than most of us think, and its not just the English link, remember he has been a succesful assistant to Ferguson, and I'm sure that doesn't pass Pep by, nor will the fact that he's been with some of these players a lot longer than Pep's known them.

Yeah, fair enough. I would probably describe him as a venerated elder rather than a confidant.

Hi all...

I'm a Galatasaray fan. Domenec Torrent is our new manager. We don't know him very well. Can you give me information about it? I'm curious about your thoughts.
Good luck with him. He was popular here at City but as a fan it’s impossible to know how much input an assistant has. But he’s certainly been part of a winning machine and Pep does not appoint idiots. I think he’s done well in New York but others will know better.

Hi all...

I'm a Galatasaray fan. Domenec Torrent is our new manager. We don't know him very well. Can you give me information about it? I'm curious about your thoughts.
Welcome. He is highly regarded by Pep and obviously very ambitious. He did well at NY and has managed in his own right before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.