Domestic Away Decline

PannickAtTheDisco

Last 24 away/neutral games in England (not including CL)

P24 W14 D1 L9

Pretty dismal record really, seems teams in this country have sussed out this current iteration of Pep's side, far less effective than the great side of 17/18, even last season's dogged bunch.

So what can we do to arrest this decline? It seems Pep is belligerent with how he wants the team to go with inverted wingers, slower build-up and lack of impetus in attacking transition, a lack of athleticism and bite in midfield and in the defensive transition and relying on a striker whose primary attribute isn't scoring. It seems with our transfer targets we going to pursue this route and style rather than address it.

Clearly it's not form that will get us anywhere near close to challenging for the title, but what are we going to change to take us back to the side we once were, with a better, more ruthless, stronger mentality and a more athletic and clinical side that doesn't get done over and over again like this iteration has become?

With Pep not yet committed to more than a year, how much will really change in our approach going forward to address this?

Time for another reboot and it will take time for all of the teams current issues to be solved.

Last edited:
we need rashford/mbappe
traore
kante
alaba
koulibaly

haaland, havertz, kane also, we need to show the world we mean business and splash out on quality plus big athletes aswell, instead of small tippy tappy players...

we need rashford/mbappe
traore
kante
alaba
koulibaly

haaland, havertz, kane also, we need to show the world we mean business and splash out on quality plus big athletes aswell, instead of small tippy tappy players...

Seriously pal the more I think about it the more I Feel the need to call something..

Rag.
how so?? like i’ve said we took sterling from liverpool,tevez from united, so hows that hilarious? we got the money we need to show it this summer...

It’s hilarious because Rashford really isn’t very good. He’s very quick and strong but that is about the extent of it. His movement is average and his football brain is less so. Sterling is and will always be miles ahead of him in terms of ability and output. Tevez was a world class striker and an absolute unique one at that with his crazy work ethic.

Don’t be fooled by the Utd hype train.. Rashford is Everton level yet you’re mentioning before Mbappe who is a generational talent.

If I was going to nick one player from that bunch of sad gits, it would be Greenwood. Unfortunately he appears to be quite good even when you ignore the obligatory hype because he plays for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.