Don Price's new book - ''We Never Win At Home & We Never Win Away'' now on Kindle (P12)

Yes Bob think quite a few people will be suprised at the origin of the song it even gets a mention in Wikipedia lol

There is a chapter about the origins of the invisible man song .if you read it yet would apreciate any coments

Interesting to learn it’s origins had nothing what so ever to do with football.
Very odd that it became a City song let alone a long standing fans favourite.
Was the first verse ever sung on the terraces and then just dropped, I know I have heard it before but cannot remember whether it was at games or just in pubs and on coaches?

Was the first verse ever sung on the terraces and then just dropped, I know I have heard it before but cannot remember whether it was at games or just in pubs and on coaches?
Ive never heard the first verse sang in the grounds only in pubs and on the coaches .it took of after the Ireland trip .suppose reason it took of is it a catchy tune and it highlited the fans humor singing it in the lower league as it would make no sense singing it at Chelsea and Arsenal at that time .it even got in Wikipedia donkey's years ago

Bought it for my son last week, hope he passes on to me when he has finished it.

He has done lots of things with the 1894 group and I know Dante has a chapter in there.
Hope you both enjoy it .look forward to what you think of it

The Book is now on sale in City Superstore and Arndale Center.also on sale in Mary Ds before the Chelsea game .also on line through facebook mancitygifts.bigcartel.com

Just finished reading it while on holls. Very enjoyable read and it’ll bring back memories for lots of City-fans. And written as only fans can write down their stuff. Also makes you realise how clean nowadays game has become. With all the positives and negatives that comes with it.
Well done everyone who participated and well done Don for taking the initiative that formed a nice add to the collections of stories about our wonderful footballclub. It’s been a pleasure taking part as well.
For the ones who still haven’t got themselves a copy, it’s worth the money easily.

There is a viedo clip going about on facebook and 1894 group and Ian Cheeseman Blog Prestwich's finest singing the original in the the Forestors in Prestwich 1991

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.