Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t this the first time they could reach the United States with nuclear weapons? That’s why the threat was there?

Trump did escalate things I agree but my point above still stands.

Did we ever have a chance of getting rid of him, for the people of NK?

Would you have gone to war?
The crippling sanctions that were in place made it at least possible that the KJU regime (which by most measures is the worst in the world) would get overthrown in a coup. This deal has cemented his position as it provides the prospect of reduced sanctions for nothing in return. They still have missiles that can reach the US and this deal won’t change that either. As for the question of whether I would go to war over it, this deal has absolutely no relevance to that question. This is worth a read
https://thediplomat.com/2018/06/the-us-north-korea-summit-all-flash-little-substance/

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

You know as much as the next man what’s happened behind the scenes... fuck all.
What happened behind the scenes is totally irrelevant. The signed deal is the only thing that actually matters and that’s worthless except to the parents of those KIA in the Korean War.

Or be so totally twisted and bitter about Trump that any objective, reasoned, balanced discussion about him is not possible?
That is obviously where you are with him but you just can’t see it. Strange and sad at the same time...
What’s strange and sad is that you, along with a significant number of the population, are so blinkered by your right wing views that you can’t recognise the most obvious fraud you’re ever likely to see.

What’s strange and sad is that you, along with a significant number of the population, are so blinkered by your right wing views that you can’t recognise the most obvious fraud you’re ever likely to see.

The most obvious fraud I and others are ever likely to see was Tony ‘war criminal’ Blair.
He was and still is a stain on the name of the Labour Party. A totally despicable human being. He puts Trump in the shade very easily. But ‘he’s one of your own’ isn’t he?

The crippling sanctions that were in place made it at least possible that the KJU regime (which by most measures is the worst in the world) would get overthrown in a coup. This deal has cemented his position as it provides the prospect of reduced sanctions for nothing in return. They still have missiles that can reach the US and this deal won’t change that either. As for the question of whether I would go to war over it, this deal has absolutely no relevance to that question. This is worth a read
https://thediplomat.com/2018/06/the-us-north-korea-summit-all-flash-little-substance/

Do you genuinely believe the regime had any chance of being overthrown from within? If so I think you’re incredibly deluded.

The choice to me was mass war or a peace deal, nothing else.

It’s tragic what’s happening on the ground there but I genuinely believe we have more chance of changing it with NK being onside with the rest of the world than being outcasts.

Again you nor I have any idea if they’ll disarm, it’s all guess work what the two fatties have agreed between each other.

Do you genuinely believe the regime had any chance of being overthrown from within? If so I think you’re incredibly deluded.

It’s tragic what’s happening on the ground there but I genuinely believe we have more chance of changing it with NK being onside with the rest of the world than being outcasts.

Again you nor I have any idea if they’ll disarm, it’s all guess work what the two fatties have agreed between each other.
No. Not much chance but now there’s no chance. There have been coup plots in the past that have failed.
It doesn’t matter what the fatties agreed. Both are liars and it means nothing. I don’t agree that there would have been war. NK would have remained isolated and contained.
Of course they won’t disarm. They’ve got everything they wanted already.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

You know as much as the next man what’s happened behind the scenes... fuck all.

I know that. I've kept saying it, ad nauseum.

It's why one should not use his "politics" to object to him -- a very much minority viewpoint. Because you have no idea what he does, why he does what he does, nor what he really believes. Because he lies. Which you DO know. Because it's verifiable, and can be verified, thousands of times over.

If a broken clock is right 2x a day, then it is wrong 99.861% of the time.

Guess which odds are "reasonable" to bet on?

It is literal folly to believe him.

1) Mass war? Are you serious? When was this ever in the cards?

2) How can you in one sentence say none of us have any idea what happened in the meeting so we should assume the best, but then claim someone who thinks he had a chance of being overthrown from within is "deluded"? He killed his half brother and his uncle. Seems to me Kim himself was concerned about it.

3) You're certainly entitled to your view but you appear to be chasing your own tail or grimly hanging onto your perspective but without much logic behind it, only hope and fear.

I know that. I've kept saying it, ad nauseum.

It's why one should not use his "politics" to object to him -- a very much minority viewpoint. Because you have no idea what he does, why he does what he does, nor what he really believes. Because he lies. Which you DO know. Because it's verifiable, and can be verified, thousands of times over.

If a broken clock is right 2x a day, then it is wrong 99.861% of the time.

Guess which odds are "reasonable" to bet on?

It is literal folly to believe him.

I’ve told you umpteen fucking times I cannot stand the man, don’t want him in any position of power and find him an embarrassment to the West, ad nauseum.

He does lie, he lies constantly but you know the story of the boy who cried wolf, maybe one time he’s bloody right.

All we know is a potential catastrophic situation has cooled, the rest is pure guess work.

No. Not much chance but now there’s no chance. There have been coup plots in the past that have failed.
It doesn’t matter what the fatties agreed. Both are liars and it means nothing. I don’t agree that there would have been war. NK would have remained isolated and contained.
Of course they won’t disarm. They’ve got everything they wanted already.

You’re just posting the same stuff again now you posted before, nothing new to debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.