Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing he does any more should really surprise me, but just seen some of the video footage of the kids in cages and it’s genuinely quite disturbing.

Keep thinking his presidency is just some dystopian nightmare that we’ll soon wake up from, but he’s actually getting progressively worse. The depressing thing is he’ll probably be re-elected in 2020.

Maybe he’ll get bored one day......

The stuff with the locking up of kids has got to me. I’ve got a daughter a few months younger than the girl in the pink top with no shoe laces crying her eyes out, the pic came out over the weekend - I can’t imagine what they are going through

In addition, the idea that it is some sort social services exercise and state are “going to extra ordinary lengths to project the child” is laughable

Without commenting on the substance of your post set, I always wonder how many who post this old chestnut have actually worked in the MSM, as I have, or deal with the MSM regularly, as I do. I'm kind of guessing closer to 0% than 100%.

What so cos i dont work for the media i have no source of information from countries like Syria, Yemen, Libya?

He can preside over a policy of caging innocent children and people will still support him.

He can preside over a policy of caging innocent children and people will still support him.
I know it's a shit thing to do on the internet but
1936nurembergrally.jpg

YGBSM?

There is a massive difference between having a military lily pad in settled territory of a strategic (or treaty) ally and BUILDING NEW ISLANDS IN INTERNATIONAL WATERS TO CLAIM SOVEREIGN TERRITORIAL WATERS and project power over the islands of SE Asia.

Do you understand the difference between containment and overt aggression and expansionism?

And what of the forced expulsion of the natives from those islands? And what business does the US have in the South China Sea, which is located on the other side of the planet, and where it has deployed its fleets? But no... China, which has been surrounded by US military bases, is somehow the aggressor.

Not overly sure how she can keep a straight face but here you go:

A couple of things. Humanitarian aid is not the same as human rights but I particularly like the bit about a proud history of liberating people from Tyranny

Also remember, this is being said at the same time as they are taking kids away from thier mothers and locking toddlers in cages

Good riddance to them. Hopefully Saudi Arabia follows suit and then the UNHRC will no longer have the worst human rights abusers amongst its membership.

Ha, what a cop out.

And you have studied them all in detail?

If any one of them had been like North Korea then they’d have been talked about like North Korea.

Despite how utterly horrendous NK is it’s still fascinating so a similar regime would draw attention from the West.
I’ll remind you what you said without any substantiation.
Of course there have been other regimes that are totalitarian but none ever like NK.

It’s on a whole other level to the rest in terms of the cut off from the outside world, the level of indoctrination, the length of time it’s gone on for and treating the leader as a god almost.

Other regimes have some of the above but non have all of them and to the level NK does.
Now you’re telling me that my response was a cop out. How much do you know about the Soviet Union under Stalin, about the millions he murdered and sent to Siberian gulags to sustain his grip on power. What about Hitler killing all opposition in the mid 30s in the night of the long knives. What about Pol Pot and Ceaucescu? We know all about how tyrannical these regimes were but in comparison we know next to fuck all about North Korea. So how can you say Kim’s grip on power is stronger than all the others. The main reason Kim is still there is because China wants a buffer between itself and South Korea. If you were around in the 70s and early 80s you would know that no-one anticipated the fall and break up of the Soviet Union and the movement to democracy of the rest of the former Warsaw Pact countries. To say the North Korean regime has a stronger grip on power than the examples I’ve mentioned suggests you don’t really know what you’re talking about.
I agree it’s the worst in the world today but that wasn’t the point you made.

Thank you

The patently stupid nationalists are all the same. Always the victim and completely oblivious to the crimes of their own state, which are often as horrific as they are numerous. Can only make cynical and snide remarks when educated about their country’s dark history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.