Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump and the Brexiters don't have the political capital they think they have and in a democracy there are ways of stopping you in your tracks, get too cocky (and Trump is very cocky) and he and your merry band of little englanders will soon find out there are checks and balances in a democracy and the people who are against you know how to use them.

Ha ha ha, almost the perfect summation of a "Snowflake", suggestions of the other side being smarter and the obligatory little snide insult tacked on, you can almost hear the tearful little cry "Its not fair, I`m taking my ball home".

It was you and your chums that did not have the political capital, the world does not revolve around your ideals and people who hold a different view have the majority, an there is a big difference between sticking to your ideals and being a whinging little toerag.

You make me laugh, when Farage thought he'd lost the referendum, when his City chums told him he'd blown it in the early hours of that fateful summers day, he gave a rallying speech to his troops about the fight going on, lost the battle but not the war kinda bollocks. When he realised he'd won it he changed his tune "That's it, the people have spoken, no going back" and the remoaners were born.

Democracies don't work the way you think they do, people are expected to respect the outcome of elections and referendums, but they are not forced to embrace them. If that referendum had returned capital punishment I would have respected the outcome but not embraced it, and I would have done everything permissible in a democracy to reverse it, including agitating for another referendum. If this country elects the Tories, I no more believe in Tory principles the day after the election than I did before.

Trump is a divisive figure who won the electoral college vote but not the popular vote, if the USA were to use the popular vote method rather than the system they presently use Clinton would be President and Trump would be back on reality TV, but they don't so they have Trump and not Clinton because of electoral mechanics. Whatever one thinks of that system all the candidates fought their campaigns under it, they knew its strengths and weaknesses and so they must respect the outcome, but just as I no more wanted to leave the EU the day after the referendum than I did before, the majority of Americans who voted for Hilary Clinton and those that voted for minor candidates are no more Pro Trump now than they were before.

Trump might consider his victory as some sort of triumph of the will, you might talk about the EU referendum as the people have spoken, which castes the referendum as some kind of Road to Damascus revelation, but you're kidding yourself, Trump and the Brexiters don't have the political capital they think they have and in a democracy there are ways of stopping you in your tracks, get too cocky (and Trump is very cocky) and he and your merry band of little englanders will soon find out there are checks and balances in a democracy and the people who are against you know how to use them.

I stopped at "you make me laugh"

Thanks fumble xxx

Are the BBC reporting what the next President of the USA said about them?

They did a few times on their website and in their reporting.

People might not like the BBC, CNN etc but it's incredible a soon to be President can be so thin skinned that he refuses to take questions from them.

There are going to lots and lots of people looking for new jobs this morning.

Like him or loathe him, he won the election and the political elite who are now doing everything and anything to stop him doing what he was elected to do should hang their heads in shame imo. Its the same thing happening with us and the EU vote in a way and just smacks of people unable to accept they lost.

Remember the days where a losing political party just went about the next few years proving to an electorate why the should be trusted to regain power rather than crap like this every 5 mins?

I say the above as someone who doesn't think he is fit for office but never the less, he has been democratically elected and that is that.

Not sure anyone is actually stopping us leaving the E.U.

The courtcases are so the whole of parliament decide to enact leaving when they know the plans and that it won't screw over the rest of the country in favour of London, billionaires etc.

As for Trump, no one is stopping him being President. However there are serious credible allegations of his and his back teams links to Russia, the hacking of the DNC and RNC, his business dealings there etc.

If Obama was about to take office and he and his team had these links what do you think Fox News etc would do?

People might not like the BBC, CNN etc but it's incredible a soon to be President can be so thin skinned that he refuses to take questions from them.

Hardly "Thin skinned" if its after a concerted hatchet job going back a couple of years from CNN and others including the beeb, they made no attempt to hide the bias when they thought he had no chance so now they get their comeuppance.

Hardly "Thin skinned" if its after a concerted hatchet job going back a couple of years from CNN and others including the beeb, they made no attempt to hide the bias when they thought he had no chance so now they get their comeuppance.

What hatchet job?

CNN gave Trump more airtime than any other network. They also ran more airtime on the Clinton emails. They even regular paid Trumps team to be on their network which they didn't do for Clinton.

One of the main myths over the last 15 years by Republicans is that there is this big liberal conspiracy which just isn't true. Even the supposed MSNBC has Joe Scarborough on their main show who is a huge Trump guy.

Fox News ran dubious story after dubious story on Obama and Clinton but they always took questions from them.

The person in the highest office needs to be above this.

Instead Trump shot an imaginary handgun at them, said Buzzfeed will have consequences and announced CNN was fake news because he didn't like their questions. As I said, he's thin skinned.

Your proving to be a bit of a joke with this. The BBC is as bland as it gets with political coverage. If this stuff is out there - and there is masses of dirt on Trump out there - you can not expect journalists to ignore it. As for getting comeuppance! What does that even mean?

Well, I'm terrified.

If he was being blackmailed by Russia, why would he make friendship with Putin and a pro-Russia stance an election issue? You'd think that would make his election less likely. Get elected then turn out to be Russia's man - that makes sense. Unless of course Putin's aim is just to cause as much incompetence and chaos in the USA as possible.

Imagine the shitstorm if Clinton had won and she admitted that Russia was behind the hacking that helped her win.

Think of the meltdown from those right wing propagandist bastards at Fox Sake News. Think of how the calls for the result would be called into question as it was achieved by Russia carrying out acts that helped discredit a candidate they didn't want.

Now, because it's Trump it's ok. It's ok to let it go and try to divert as was the cornerstone of his campaign.

His performance yesterday showed him to be unhinged and vindictive. He acted like the petulant spoiled teenager he is

Now, I know my views of the man are that he is a dangerous, lying, racist sex attacking piece of shit. I stand by that assessment of the ****. His hysterical response to divert what he was passed in the dossier, but denied, has shown to be a lie with a statement thus morning confirming CNN got it right. He is lying about the meeting, that the dossier didn't have information CNN said it did.

The thought of him acting rationally when a crisis emerges is a forlorn one. He thinks he's a tough guy, he wants to hurt those who he perceives to be against him. He is a total fucking zoomer.

A lying bastard of a zoomer. A dangerous lying bastard who when we need a cool, intelligent rational leader will act like the fucktard bully boy he is.
Watch his whole press conference and see how much of a loose, contradicting blow job he is.

His ego, him talking about turning down a $2b deal at the weekend. That the intelligence services are out to get him, that Russia was behind an attack on the US election, but it's ok because Putin likes him. That his cabinet he is trying to set up

"Is the greatest cabinet ever".

I don't know if he got prostitutes to piss on that bed, which has more than one source btw, but can anybody actually say they couldn't see Trump act like that? No, really? The pussy grabber wouldn't do that?

The fact that we all think he could do that shows how unfit a scumbag he is to hold any office, never mind the Oval shaped one.

I'm hoping the CIA clear their name by showing he was told. That they investigate the claims and wikileaks gets hold of any tapes and we can all enjoy the meltdown.

This isn't over.
Because doing so hands the election to the person/people that we dislike more. I wish we weren't just a two party nation. But we are and we can't really change it. Though I voted 3rd party in 2008 as my dislike of McCain and Obama was equal.

In case you missed it , I know the 'news ' services in your country are god awful, which might explain you not getting the news that Clinton got 2m more votes.

Your assertion of giving it to someone less popular is screwed by the ability to understand getting two million more means more and not less.

Happy to help with that absolute fact.

So Obama knew about this dossier three weeks ago but decided to leave it this late...sounds Kosher.

Just like the Brexit, there are some people who just can't accept a result when it doesn't result in their version of "democracy"

Picture the scene if you will?

A native of South Carolina suddenly decides to vote Trump because Hillary and her camp were the victims of fake news...sounds Kosher.

You have all the political acuity of a loaf of bread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.