Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the hell is his daughter and son in law doing on this trip with him,riding in the same car and meeting the saudi rulers?

I thought there was rules about him having family working for him paid through his other business i'm sure

Because America was lacking in leadership for such a long time with no sign of resolution and it was clear that the Bush team, led by James Baker, were never ever going to give over. Gore decided he would do an honourable thing, which was a shame.

If impeached, the Vice President will take over
He's allegedly involved too, as is Speaker Ryan. Comey is trying to get the full house of conspirators in one go.

At this rate it might be a senate cleaner becoming president who will be overqualified in comparison with the current leader.

Oh and who told Melania it's ok to offend a nation your husband is trying to get a deal with?

Can Pence or Ryan really be worse than Trump? However right wing and reactionary their views are, at least they have a longer attention span than a goldfish and give the impression that they are not completely stupid.

I guess what it boils down to is whether the US is better off with a lame duck clueless idiot who makes the USA a laughing stock but is unlikely to get too much harmful legislation through due to constant scandals and distractions. Alternatively would the country would be better off with a serious politician who might have more influence on congress to get their proposed legislation agreed and enacted leaving millions without healthcare and a few more billionaires. Tough choice.
WD,

Good thoughtful points.

Clearly, should Trump be impeached (although I think his ego would make him resign and throw both the media and Washington under the bus "for his loyal supporters" on his way out) and Pence become President, it isn't his troubling ideology that would concern most people. It is one thing to run a conservative rural state as Governor, but it is a completely separate thing to try to impose those morals and values on a diverse, multicultural, urban population, as he would try from the White House. The other thing, of course, is he was chosen because he was admired by the far right wing of the party that Trump needed to solidify and prove his conservative bonafides, because everyone and their brother knows Trump is a lifelong Democrat!!

With Trump, it always seemed like Congressional Republicans would keep his crazy in check. With Pence, a man who is so white as to be almost translucent, it would be harder to rein him in, both because Republicans will rally around him after the Trump debacle, but also because of what you state...he doesn't carry all the baggage of Trump and the right wing agenda kicks into overdrive.

Ryan is a child trying to be an adult. His is known as the Republicans numbers guy, policy wonk, yet he has so far shown a remarkable dearth of talent. He was cajoled and arm-twisted to be Speaker (another rural Republican from the Midwest, this time Wisconsin), but he has designs on the Oval Office when he grows up. That means he is constantly looking to simply build his Presidential credentials, stay out of the drama (he always laughs it off, as if he I spoke above it) and just keep building his CV. His ideas for America are a joke. His healthcare plan was a joke. He is a fiscal hawk who can wrap it in that good old, down on the farm charm, so it sounds like it isn't going to gut your life, but it will!

There are no good options given the top Republicans in succession for the position, and Pence may, indeed, be the Republican wet dream at this point, but we know so little of him and he has clearly being carved out of Trumps inner circle and told to "go play nice" with Congress for El Presidente. It is telling to me, though, that this Bible thumping, far right, religious zealot would even entertain the notion of helping Trump, a thrice married philanderer with almost no conservative credentials and not enough brains to understand how little he knows. Pence might be operating predominantly below the radar, but he knows he likes being there and Willy eat up being President, if things go there.

For all her faults, and they were myriad, at least with Hillary you knew you were getting someone who had a complete grasp of the bleeding obvious and a better than working knowledge of how the White House works in the real world...no matter how much you disliked her, her husband or even her politics. Competency was a given. That is severely lacking on the right, and now may be a near future problem on the left, too, as they top pols are probably too old for a run in 2020. Elizabeth Warren looks like the leading Dem at this early stage, but she grates on many people more than Hillary ever did.

We live in interesting times...

Why the hell is his daughter and son in law doing on this trip with him,riding in the same car and meeting the saudi rulers?

I thought there was rules about him having family working for him paid through his other business i'm sure
Karen,

This is all about $$$$$$. Maybe not today, maybe not even tomorrow, but shortly and more than you have ever seen before. The Kushner debacle in China was not a mistake, they just got caught. Trump is daring Congress to do anything about him, and every member of his five kids from three wives family, getting rich off the job. It isn't scandalous, but until someone tries to put a stop to it, it will continue.

Supposedly, Jared and Ivanka have been fully vetted, have had their reported $700 M in assets put away in trust for safe keeping, and have both been legally issued roles and offices in the West Wing of the White House. However, it is impossible to not know and understand what is at play here. Heck, Ivanka already got paid to play when she got 3 Chinese trademarks she had sought for ages on the very day she met Chinese Premier Xi at Mar-A-Lago. Shocker...but the Trump mantra is "Prove it!" Deny, deny, deny, even in the face of overwhelming evidence, because, for Trump, money has always won out over facts and reality. In his world, money is everything, an all-consuming game changer than changes the reality before him.

In short, Karen, there are rules and they have lawyers that poke sufficiently large, often dark, holes in those rules to allow them the room to maneuver as they have. Until someone with the power and authority to prove they have done wrong, they will simply smile, laugh, and move on without a second thought about you and your stupid rules. Rules? Haha...they are for other people!

Karen,

This is all about $$$$$$. Maybe not today, maybe not even tomorrow, but shortly and more than you have ever seen before. The Kushner debacle in China was not a mistake, they just got caught. Trump is daring Congress to do anything about him, and every member of his five kids from three wives family, getting rich off the job. It isn't scandalous, but until someone tries to put a stop to it, it will continue.

Supposedly, Jared and Ivanka have been fully vetted, have had their reported $700 M in assets put away in trust for safe keeping, and have both been legally issued roles and offices in the West Wing of the White House. However, it is impossible to not know and understand what is at play here. Heck, Ivanka already got paid to play when she got 3 Chinese trademarks she had sought for ages on the very day she met Chinese Premier Xi at Mar-A-Lago. Shocker...but the Trump mantra is "Prove it!" Deny, deny, deny, even in the face of overwhelming evidence, because, for Trump, money has always won out over facts and reality. In his world, money is everything, an all-consuming game changer than changes the reality before him.

In short, Karen, there are rules and they have lawyers that poke sufficiently large, often dark, holes in those rules to allow them the room to maneuver as they have. Until someone with the power and authority to prove they have done wrong, they will simply smile, laugh, and move on without a second thought about you and your stupid rules. Rules? Haha...they are for other people!
Thanks for the reply
He really is taking the piss out of the americans who voted for and against him,i thank the lord he is in your country and not mine (sorry hun)

Wanting and getting are two different things.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a 'behind closed doors' session.
He sent them a letter saying open session! Methinks he wants everyone to hear as much of his story as possible, because he has nothing to fear! Some testimony might be germane to the Special Counsel, who may ask him to balance his answers based on the need for the SC to do his job as discreetly as possible. As one ex-FBI Director to another, I'm sure Comey and Mueller will have a good old "catch up!"

The CYA emails he sent might be the silver bullet for any obstruction charge, so why not have it live on every news channel?!

As for the "special interest" the Feds have in Jared Kushner, I wonder if they will send him to the same nick as his Dad?! The acorn might not fall too far from the tree for both families, because once you open Pandora's Box, the evidence often takes you down the rabbit hole!( Did I get enough metaphors in that sentence?!)

If a US election was won illegally, why isn't there a re-election held?

I will never understand why Al Gore, who actually beat G W Bush to the Presidency (after tying votes in Florida and it being called as a result by Fox news and Bush's cousin) never fought this in the Supreme Court.

Surely to fook, a ruling party that cheated its way to a win should agree to re-election, even as a shorter term?
Err, you might want to brush up on that there misunderstanding. SCOTUS denied the counting of votes in Gore precincts, and "awarded" Florida to Bush.

Bush v. Gore
, 531 U.S. 98 (2000), is the United States Supreme Courtdecision that resolved the dispute surrounding the 2000 presidential election. The ruling was issued on December 12, 2000. On December 9, the Court had preliminarily halted the Florida recount that was occurring.

As for your morality, it appears intact, which is something I can't say for politics in Amerika, the self-proclaimed greatest democracy on earth...apart from the fact that the world also now knows it is not, nor has it ever been, a democracy!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply
He really is taking the piss out of the americans who voted for and against him,i thank the lord he is in your country and not mine (sorry hun)
In the polls, his approval ratings are in the toilet. Alas, other polls show that 95% of Trump voters would do it again. The fallacy that fuels this is that he still claims to be America First (even after golfing on every world leader he chastised during the campaign), and he still proclaims his non-Washington, outsider status like a badge of honour...even though his family has been inserted as the Ruling Party, and he is the naked Emperor in golden threads.

The "worst" part of all this for me is that as an upper middle class earner, he is actually trying to put money in my pocket that I don't want or need, as I believe it should be being used for universal health care, coverage of pre-existing conditions, and an expansion of poverty reduction efforts. So, in the end, he is better for me financially, but he is ruining my sleep as I contemplate the future of my kids and theirs!

In the polls, his approval ratings are in the toilet. Alas, other polls show that 95% of Trump voters would do it again. The fallacy that fuels this is that he still claims to be America First (even after golfing on every world leader he chastised during the campaign), and he still proclaims his non-Washington, outsider status like a badge of honour...even though his family has been inserted as the Ruling Party, and he is the naked Emperor in golden threads.

The "worst" part of all this for me is that as an upper middle class earner, he is actually trying to put money in my pocket that I don't want or need, as I believe it should be being used for universal health care, coverage of pre-existing conditions, and an expansion of poverty reduction efforts. So, in the end, he is better for me financially, but he is ruining my sleep as I contemplate the future of my kids and theirs!

You have to accept it as an upper middle class earner so that the rich and super rich can be included in his health care scheme so they get pots of money back from the system..... its like making you guilty by association. When it comes out that some guy benefits by $$millions as a result of his largess if you cry foul they can turn to you and say " hey - didn't hear you fucking moaning when you got your 50 bucks out of the scheme fella"

You have to accept it as an upper middle class earner so that the rich and super rich can be included in his health care scheme so they get pots of money back from the system..... its like making you guilty by association. When it comes out that some guy benefits by $$millions as a result of his largess if you cry foul they can turn to you and say " hey - didn't hear you fucking moaning when you got your 50 bucks out of the scheme fella"
Exactly! Peanuts for me, new beach house for them!

The most immoral part of their strategy is that they need to tie their health care reform to the tax cuts...they have to happen almost simultaneously...because the $880B (yes, Billion) in income & business tax cuts they are discussing come from removing those funds from their health care subsidies for the poor and removing the benefit of pr-existing conditions. These are two things CANDIDATE Trump swore would not happen and he would not agree to! I bet he will for his share of the $880B!!

In America, before the ACA ("ObamaCare"), people stayed in jobs they hated, refused promotions into positions at other companies, etc..., because if they switched jobs, then they switched healthcare policies and providers. As soon as you did this, your "illness" became a pre-existing and was no longer covered! So, as a husband and father of two kids, if any one of us had, say, a heart murmur or something that required constant medical screening and care, you had to buy what was called "High Risk Insurance" if you could get it, and it might have a 12-24 month exemption (like suicide in a life insurance policy). So, two years out of pocket expenses is a deal breaker when a 15 min check up is $200-300, and you need them regularly, and actual medical care might be exponentially more. Therefore, suck up the shit job to keep the health care...unless, of course, you're an executive, in which case you simply negotiate a "Cadillac Plan" that the company covers and gets a tax break for!

"Health care" in America is controlled by absolutely massive companies that often own the insurance plans AND the hospitals! UnitedHealthcare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, Athena...everyone knows these names. They determine who you will see, when, and what us and is not covered by them and how much you contribute out of pocket. It is a racket!

Example: Hospital charges $1000 for something, and you have 20% liability (after a deductible that is often $5,000, $10,000 or more...I shit you not!). So, they send you a bill for $200. Then, the hospital gives the insurance company a break for "normal & customary costs" and the knowledge that you have insurance and the insurer will pay. So, their $800 gets cut to $400 (pay the Dr, keeps the lights on, new tongue depressor so next guy can say "Ahhhh!"). Quick review shows same company owns both insurance company and hospital facility, so they get about $300 of the $400 (paying themselves!!) and the Dr gets a $100 credit, of which they may have to pay $50 for their own Malpractice insurance and rent of their "surgery" (small room) in the hospital building. You, in the other hand, paid $200, which now equates to 50%, not 20% of the cost....and for that "privilege" of having any insurance, you have to pay $800/mo to your company, who claim they're kicking in X% as part of your bennies!

It is a multibillion dollar scam that is fleecing hardworking Americans so that people who own these companies make money and the people who run them make millions in salaries.

But Trump wants to make that even worse, so he and his billionaire buds and wannabe billionaires can continue to skim even more of the cream off the top. Immoral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.