Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Err, you might want to brush up on that there misunderstanding. SCOTUS denied the counting of votes in Gore precincts, and "awarded" Florida to Bush.

As for your morality, it appears intact, which is something I can't say for politics in Amerika, the self-proclaimed greatest democracy on earth...apart from the fact that the world also now knows it is not, nor has it ever been, a democracy!

Did it not only go to the Supreme Court BECAUSE it was 'tied' and delay would have taken it past the due date for the Presidential office? That would have been unprecedented and they forced the award in order to follow convention.

Ergo, my point still stands; Gore never fought it in the Supreme Court. Like a poster said earlier, he did the 'honourable' thing.

My memory is a little hazy, but I'm sure that was the gist of it!

In the polls, his approval ratings are in the toilet. Alas, other polls show that 95% of Trump voters would do it again. The fallacy that fuels this is that he still claims to be America First (even after golfing on every world leader he chastised during the campaign), and he still proclaims his non-Washington, outsider status like a badge of honour...even though his family has been inserted as the Ruling Party, and he is the naked Emperor in golden threads.

The "worst" part of all this for me is that as an upper middle class earner, he is actually trying to put money in my pocket that I don't want or need, as I believe it should be being used for universal health care, coverage of pre-existing conditions, and an expansion of poverty reduction efforts. So, in the end, he is better for me financially, but he is ruining my sleep as I contemplate the future of my kids and theirs!
It wouldn't matter if he had 100% of his voters who still support him if the stupid liberals would just vote. I can't tell you how many morons who have told me that they couldn't vote for HRC for whatever reason. Most seem to think they'd do the same things if elected. But in reality, there's nobody who thinks HRC wouldn't disavow the KKK or that she'd work to take healthcare away from people who need it.

Mark my words, these hipster assholes' apathy will be the end of the USA as we know it. As ignorant as the conservative base is it still knows that they have to vote to pass their hateful agenda. Unfortunately the liberal base who has a higher percentage of college-educated people can't get off their high horse and vote for somebody who could have stopped this from happening because she told a lie one time.

Did it not only go to the Supreme Court BECAUSE it was 'tied' and delay would have taken it past the due date for the Presidential office? That would have been unprecedented and they forced the award in order to follow convention.

Ergo, my point still stands; Gore never fought it in the Supreme Court. Like a poster said earlier, he did the 'honourable' thing.

My memory is a little hazy, but I'm sure that was the gist of it!
It was never "tied," but rather it was about counting votes and by what means. It helped that the FL Sec of State was a big Republican, and she got to decide. So, lawsuits were filed and when SCOTUS determined which votes could and could not be counted, they literally APPOINTED Bush as the winner in FL....all without Gore having to file a lawsuit. SCOTUS had already decided the outcome.

It wouldn't matter if he had 100% of his voters who still support him if the stupid liberals would just vote. I can't tell you how many morons who have told me that they couldn't vote for HRC for whatever reason. Most seem to think they'd do the same things if elected. But in reality, there's nobody who thinks HRC wouldn't disavow the KKK or that she'd work to take healthcare away from people who need it.

Mark my words, these hipster assholes' apathy will be the end of the USA as we know it. As ignorant as the conservative base is it still knows that they have to vote to pass their hateful agenda. Unfortunately the liberal base who has a higher percentage of college-educated people can't get off their high horse and vote for somebody who could have stopped this from happening because she told a lie one time.
She won the vote, but her problem was not campaigning in previously thought to be "Blue" states and not running a campaign but seeking a coronation. For a corollary, see Bob Dole. He thought it was his turn and he had checked all the boxes. In the end, you have to appeal to a voters gut, just as much, if not more than their head. Trump went for the gut of the people whom he knew had no head, and a few people tried to use too much of their head to rationalize their anti-Hillary vote.

We are all the worse for their waffling.

Donald will make a speech about Islam today on day 2 of his Middle East tour - buckle in folks - this could be fucking hilarious if he wanders off script. To be fair depending on which of his advisers wrote the script it could be explosive ( no pun intended )

What's she done? I've miss that.

Melania and Ivanka didn't wear headscarves when they went to Saudi Arabia.

Normally I wouldn't give a shit but in this case it's hilarious because Trump had a massive hissy fit when Michelle Obama did he same, claiming it was incredibly offensive to the Saudi's and asking why Obama was making more enemies for the USA.

Fucking good.

The Saudis are arseholes and they can deal with it.

I'm pleased all the recent leaders and associated parties have done likewise recently. It's 2017 ffs.

Normally I wouldn't give a shit but in this case it's hilarious because Trump had a massive hissy fit when Michelle Obama did he same, claiming it was incredibly offensive to the Saudi's and asking why Obama was making more enemies for the USA.

I noticed that. I did wonder whether there as some prior agreement for them not to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.