Donald Trump

It blows my mind that you think I'm the one who's morals is warped considering the highlighted.

I agree with almost everything you've said here. And you've always come across as a decent person.

But the bolded above is mind boggling. The only thing that's absolutely certain is that Democrats hold zero moral high ground. Intuitively even you can see that. Hence why you subconsciously dismiss the evidence that shows the opposite of what you believe.
The Democrats have nothing to do with the 2 assassination attempts. Those guys are nuts. Nothing said by the Democrats has encouraged hate. They instead ridicule those foolish enough to follow a lunatic like Trump.

It blows my mind that you think I'm the one who's morals is warped considering the highlighted.

I agree with almost everything you've said here. And you've always come across as a decent person.

But the bolded above is mind boggling. The only thing that's absolutely certain is that Democrats hold zero moral high ground. Intuitively even you can see that. Hence why you subconsciously dismiss the evidence that shows the opposite of what you believe.
What comes across to me is that America holds no higher ground generally. It baffles me how they think they have the right to police the world. It’s self interest only when it comes to foreign policy.

Would I have them do that over Russia however. Absolutely. Unfortunately thems the choices and that’s the world we live in.

Looking from the outside in to the American election I know for sure I wouldn’t give Trump, the steam off my piss.
Apart from being a gobshite, the power behind him have an agenda that would seek to alter the prospects of maintaining any sort of democracy even further.

America looks a mess to me. Even if Kamala gets the presidency she doesn’t seem to have a mandate to govern half a continent or a third perhaps depending on how you count the votes, the way they want to be governed.

That’s unsustainable in the not too distant long run in my view.

Only if the media would take this attitude when it comes to rhetoric from the right. There is a double standard here. It's so glaring. Rhetoric from.the left is simply passion and facts. While rhetoric from the right is dangerous, hateful, harmful and endangers lives.

But somehow it's only the life of one candidate that constantly seems at peril.

It's a fair presumption. When you call someone an existential threat, a Hitler, a threat to Democracy, a Dictator. Someone who should be punched, put in the bullseye, someone who should be pushed back on and let them know we wthey are not wanted....

There is only so much of repeating this nonsense you can do before someone takes matter into there own hands.

Are you blaming JD Vance for inciting people against Trump?

Only if the media would take this attitude when it comes to rhetoric from the right. There is a double standard here. It's so glaring. Rhetoric from.the left is simply passion and facts. While rhetoric from the right is dangerous, hateful, harmful and endangers lives.

But somehow it's only the life of one candidate that constantly seems at peril.

I dont see why the media should have a problem with calling a threat to democracy a threat to democracy.

And I don't think they have much of a problem with Trumps rhetoric that isn't racist, sexist or generally offensive.

It's a fair presumption. When you call someone an existential threat, a Hitler, a threat to Democracy, a Dictator. Someone who should be punched, put in the bullseye, someone who should be pushed back on and let them know we wthey are not wanted....

There is only so much of repeating this nonsense you can do before someone takes matter into there own hands.
I genuinely have only heard one person refer to Trump as Hitler.

His running mate.

Maybe someone else has, but as someone that has spent a fair bit of time over the past month or so following the election I can't recall any in particular. Not sure I've heard anyone call for him to be punched.

I've heard him referred to as a threat to democracy, which I'm sure he doesn't like but is true (IMO). Similarly he should be pushed back on, as should the Democrats.

I believe Biden has said that with the benefit of hindsight he regrets the bullseye comment.

My God.

For about the 439,287th time -- this is not about right and left, Republicans and Democrats.

This is about a singular man wholly unfit for office in nearly every way and his either stupid or ethically-challenged or cowardly (or some combination thereof) enablers who support him despite the Olympus Mons of evidence showing said lack of fitness.

Your blindness has to be willful at this point. You're cornered like a rat, logically and ethically, and like Trump, you've done it to yourself.

Were he running as a Democrat I would be here saying the same things the same way. You wouldn't.

How can you sit here and pretend?

Last edited:
What comes across to me is that America holds no higher ground generally. It baffles me how they think they have the right to police the world. It’s self interest only when it comes to foreign policy.

Would I have them do that over Russia however. Absolutely. Unfortunately thems the choices and that’s the world we live in.

Looking from the outside in to the American election I know for sure I wouldn’t give Trump, the steam off my piss.
Apart from being a gobshite, the power behind him have an agenda that would seek to alter the prospects of maintaining any sort of democracy even further.

America looks a mess to me. Even if Kamala gets the presidency she doesn’t seem to have a mandate to govern half a continent or a third perhaps depending on how you count the votes, the way they want to be governed.

So I'll give you my take.

The average popular vote margin (unweighted) since 1940 has been 8.7%. In history ex-Washington (who won by 100%) it's 12.7%. What do you consider a mandate?

The reason the US has two parties that matter instead of 28 is because the nation is ungovernable given its size, its varied interests, its topographical differences, and the fact that just about everyone's ancestors came from elsewhere. Thus two parties which represent a broad set of interests -- but, recall, with a ton of power given to states to govern themselves -- require compromise by definition, and they've both historically sidelined extremism in favo(u)r of centrism (as America would define it -- I recogniz(s)e that on balance the US is more conservative than much of Europe, which I attribute in part to the nation's religious roots and evolution as a "world power" to your point).

America has nearly always looked a mess. What would you have said during the McCarthy era? Or the battle over slavery?

Last edited:
All nations are and should be to an extent self interested. America is no different.

Fair point.

I understand disliking Trump the man. He is a self absorbed pompous ass. Have no issues with that.

But it's just hyperbole that he is a threat to democracy. Not only is he not, he is objectively lesser of a threat than saying Harris or Biden. Who by the way aren't threats to democracy either.

Yes, it's a divided nation. Even more so with every passing election. But I predict it would be even more divided long after Trump is gone.

But it's just hyperbole that he is a threat to democracy. Not only is he not, he is objectively lesser of a threat than saying Harris or Biden.

Only one of them has helped to incite a violent riot on government property off the back of not getting the results they wanted through democratic process.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.