Donating to Charities & Good Causes

cyberblue

We are bombarded on TV and Internet and encouraged to donate to every thing on the planet from flood relief,Children in Need ,Starving people round the world .Save the Elephants ,Fresh drinking Water in Africa,Various gofundme page ,the list is endless .How do you decide ? do you not bother ? have you got just one or two favourites you donate to?
I have a couple of favourites I donate to, and donate on gofundpage usualy if it a City fan involved, a young kid with cancer or I am pissed. If the goverments sorted there shit out none of us would need to donate ,but it is what it is

We decided a while back which causes we wanted to support (fairly long list tbf), set up direct debits and continue to donate that way. I avoid giving money to anyone collecting with a bucket In the street or knocking on the door collecting for things as I want to be sure 100% of the money I give gets to the cause I want to support.

I have 2 tins on the counter at work for guide dogs and air ambulance. Get about £100 a year out of them which i match.

The fuckers that go round pubs collecting get on my tits.

I never give to those overly energetic bouncy bouncy cheesy overly excitable street chugger bods that get paid a wage for harvesting your funds to good cause. As a general rule of thumb I try not to donate to any method that has attracts heavy overheads where my gold coin is reduced down to probably a quarter of it's original net worth..The homeless I sometimes buy a pie for out of pound-land as it goes direct to source.

I volunteer with Barnados and I can safely say that its you we need just as much the donations. Just a couple of hours a week helps and I have seen how good our youth are as we have plenty of DOE participants. You will always get a bargain and you get a further discount as a volunteer.

Give money to the local hospital, homeless shelter and animal shelter. That's me done. Used to give money to Amnesty International until they started sticking their noses into referendum campaigns here, which was well outside their charter.

My local hospice gets all the charity money I have to give, when these charities became profitable for people at the top to have cushy jobs with good pay I stopped dipping my hand in my pocket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.