Donating to Charities & Good Causes

Anything to do with children like the Macmillan and Cancer stuff I donate, straight off the phone credit each month.

Why should we donate to medical charities? Doesn’t all the money go to pharmaceutical companies who manufacture drugs that are too expensive for the NHS to buy?

if something catches my attention on gofundme i'll donate. Never donate to any charity that has a shop, they get stuff for free and try to sell it at full retail. Charity my arse.

The charity shops in well-heeled parts of North London have prices that are a little eye-watering, and some of the stuff they have - tuxedos, ball gowns - wouldn't be donated in many other parts of this sceptred isle. There are plenty of bargains to be had in charity shops in the 'provinces'!

The charity shops in well-heeled parts of North London have prices that are a little eye-watering, and some of the stuff they have - tuxedos, ball gowns - wouldn't be donated in many other parts of this sceptred isle. There are plenty of bargains to be had in charity shops in the 'provinces'!

I bought a superlative polo shirt the other day in the stall for only two pounds.We had a scoop in the Hop bar which loosed my purse string a little so we nipped in Bernardo's a few doors down and there is was in all it's crowning glory.Brand new with tags on too which was a bonus.We also bought a cake tier for our afternoon tea sessions which we have started doing religiously for only 50p.

if something catches my attention on gofundme i'll donate. Never donate to any charity that has a shop, they get stuff for free and try to sell it at full retail. Charity my arse.

The concept of how a charity shop works seems lost on you. Fortunately there are only a few that have crossed the threshold at the shop I volunteer at. My response to you is as follows.
People donate to the charity to raise money for the charity. They donate to us so you can cackle and brag to your friend's about how clever you were to get a bargin, or woman when you can't get even more money knocked of an item. 99% of the people who use our shop understand that they can do by some items a prices way below the true retail price and are chuffed. Then there a good percentage who like to have their money go to a cause they have belief in.
I wish society was different and we didn't need charities bringing the gap but at moment it isn't.

The concept of how a charity shop works seems lost on you. Fortunately there are only a few that have crossed the threshold at the shop I volunteer at. My response to you is as follows.
People donate to the charity to raise money for the charity. They donate to us so you can cackle and brag to your friend's about how clever you were to get a bargin, or woman when you can't get even more money knocked of an item. 99% of the people who use our shop understand that they can do by some items a prices way below the true retail price and are chuffed. Then there a good percentage who like to have their money go to a cause they have belief in.
I wish society was different and we didn't need charities bringing the gap but at moment it isn't.

Thanks for your input.

So you'll give money to some needy bearded top knot twat who wants 5k to swim with gorillas but donating some stuff that can be sold on with the proceeds going to great causes is a no no?

A weird world we live in.

Aren’t they missing a market opportunity for soiled underwear?

You’re right though. Another thing that rightly pisses them off is arriving in the morning to find the doorway clogged with overnight “donations”. Half of them are shite that should have gone to the tip and the other half have been pissed on by passing dogs.

lol

You're right. It should be in a vending machine out front.

So you'll give money to some needy bearded top knot twat who wants 5k to swim with gorillas but donating some stuff that can be sold on with the proceeds going to great causes is a no no?

A weird world we live in.

Not at all I'm very selective who I would donate too. But I wouldn't give my piss to a charity shop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.