Dont dare get sick in the next few weeks!

Mike N

Our National Health Service is creaking under massive pressure at the moment. There's something seriously wrong with the system if people are being left on a trolley in a corridor for 12 hours whilst 15 ambulances queue up outside.

Nothing new .... a year ago I waited six hours with a clearly broken ankle ....

NHS is a great system .... but only works if all taking out of it are putting into it .... sadly too many aren't paying a penny in.

I was just going to start a thread on this after listening to the problems Bolton A&E had last night with people waiting 12 hours to be seen.

Now, I dont want to get into any political debate about the Tories are to blame for this or Labour are blamed for that, or that the NHS is over loaded with managers etc etc etc.

My point is that a large proportion of the blame goes to the malingering twats that clog up the waiting rooms. I'm not even talking about people who probably shouldve gone to there doctors, I'm talking about the people that there is actually fuck all wrong with them and a pack of aspirin would cure them.

Just had GMR on and they were interviewing punters coming out of A&E to gage the opinion of the treatment they'd received.

Case 1 - 17 year old girl, moaning and bleating that she'd been in there 2 hours because 'she had something in the back of her throat that was really hurting'. This doesn't even warrant a visit to the docs!! He voice sounded fine and she even laughed. Not that Ill then.

Case 2 - thick as fuck sounding bloke who'd 'fell and banged his knee'. They gave him paracetamol and advised rest. Again he was moaning like fuck because he'd had to wait 3 hours. Even the interviewer said that given he walked off it can't be that bad.

I mean... Fuck me!!! How do you stop these pricks. Clogging the system up? Charge a £15 fee ? Then you get into the realms of the poor not being able to afford it.
I think it's a mind set. Hammer home that ACCIDENT and EMERGENCY means exactly that.

Rant over.

marcus said:
I was just going to start a thread on this after listening to the problems Bolton A&E had last night with people waiting 12 hours to be seen.

Now, I dont want to get into any political debate about the Tories are to blame for this or Labour are blamed for that, or that the NHS is over loaded with managers etc etc etc.

My point is that a large proportion of the blame goes to the malingering twats that clog up the waiting rooms. I'm not even talking about people who probably shouldve gone to there doctors, I'm talking about the people that there is actually fuck all wrong with them and a pack of aspirin would cure them.

Just had GMR on and they were interviewing punters coming out of A&E to gage the opinion of the treatment they'd received.

Case 1 - 17 year old girl, moaning and bleating that she'd been in there 2 hours because 'she had something in the back of her throat that was really hurting'. This doesn't even warrant a visit to the docs!! He voice sounded fine and she even laughed. Not that Ill then.

Case 2 - thick as fuck sounding bloke who'd 'fell and banged his knee'. They gave him paracetamol and advised rest. Again he was moaning like fuck because he'd had to wait 3 hours. Even the interviewer said that given he walked off it can't be that bad.

I mean... Fuck me!!! How do you stop these pricks. Clogging the system up? Charge a £15 fee ? Then you get into the realms of the poor not being able to afford it.
I think it's a mind set. Hammer home that ACCIDENT and EMERGENCY means exactly that.

Rant over.

Case 1 depends. If she can't get an appointment with her GP and there's a definite obstruction I would advise urgent attention.

Last year I had had a headache for 4 days. The online advice was to seek medical attention. Couldn't get in at the GP so took the phone consultation option who advised me to go to A&E for xrays and all that. In the end it was nothing more than a muscle strain in the back of my neck, but sometimes you have to err on the side of caution, it could have been a stroke or brain tumour.

Between them the hopelessly bureaucratic NHS and the state couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery.

Over the last 15 years or so the cost of the NHS has more than doubled and we have not seen a good return for our money.

All that's happened is that doctors pay has rocketed, other NHS staff have seen their pay rise by inflation busting amounts, and the bureaucracy has got even worse.

In efficiency terms the NHS is just like a giant version of British Leyland.

I think people take the piss tbh. You go to A&E you expect a wait, I've only ever been for serious sports injuries where I know I'm going to need a scan to check for a break and a physio referral. If you're not being seen it's because you're not in any danger, if you're waiting there for 12 hours and not deteriorating you probably don't need to be there. You always see people there who are coughing and sneezing, they don't need to be there, go see your GP or walk in centre. The problem I guess is that it can take days to see your GP and it seems like everyone wants everything straight away.

While I was waiting ..... one young lad comes in, says he has been having ''horrific stomach pains all night'' .... they take his details and book him in.

He then goes to the vending machine, gets a bottle of coke, two bags of crisps and a Mars Bar ....

Why is anyone surprised that the NHS doesn't run smoothly?

We take it for granted that dealing with the state and its agencies is often going to be difficult, and sometimes a complete nightmare.

HMRC, the DWP, the local council, DVLA, the police and many other public bodies can often mess us around and treat us less than well.

The current problems at the NHS are just another, normal example of this phenomenon.

Those who think the NHS is a beacon of wonderfulness in the otherwise complacent, inefficient and self-serving sector of state provision of services is being naïve.

Biggest issue is folk sat waiting to be seen who are not emergency cases.

Accident and Emergency......the clue is in the fucking name, not ive a bad cold or a headache or a hangover or a splinter in my finger.

Seen at first hand over the last few days at Fairfield where my old man is seriously ill and it does my fucking head in as well as the staff who do a magnificent job.

Triage is the answer at the door and would pay for itself with a doctor turning the idiots away there and then.

It's pretty much like that at my local hospital at any given time and has been for a few years. Not sure why it is suddenly considered news.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.