Don't let Mancini be the next Premier League Manager sacked!

The facts speak for themselves. Premier League title, FA Cup and Community Shield. One of our most successful ever managers. Has done more than Fergie did in the equivalent period of time. If he can do that in a few years, what can he do in 20? True, money comes into it, but plenty of managers have failed with lots of money. Do we want a Chelsea situation?

Also, who would you get in that was a proven winner and who is available? No one. We need to believe in RM until at least the end of the season and if it's all gone tits up then the board and the ex Barcelona chaps need to ask whether it's because of the manager, or some of the players, or both.

MaineRoadBlue said:
jimharri said:
''Don't let Mancini be the next Premier League manager sacked''; what the fuck are you talking about?

1. It's ''to be sacked''.
2. Is it not down to the players to perform like they actually give a fuck, and down to Mancini to send out a properly motivated side? Fans criticizing him on an internet forum are going to influence an executive decision made thousands of miles away in the middle east? Seriously? Jesus OP; you'd want to put the bottle down before you post. Alcohol and posting on here do not mix.

Firstly, shouldn't you be at Mass!, and when you do go make sure you get confession in beforehand, to apologise for your blasphemy!

Now to your rather excitable points.

With regard to your issue with the thread title, I am indeed correct. If you look at the beginning of the title you will see there is the use of the word 'be' before a clause 'the next premier league manager'. In short if you were to remove 'the next premier league manager' the thread would read 'Don't let Mancini be sacked', which proves my point.

Clearly you are one of those people who like to use 'do' twice in the same sentence!

Remember of course, if you 'do do' that, it is poor grammar!

Now to your second point; If you had read my post correctly, you will see that I was pointing out that Mancini currently sits favourite to BE THE NEXT PREMIER LEAGUE MANAGER SACKED, whilst Baconface, with much the same record over the last two years is the outsider.

Now if you think that negativity and defeatism across all levels of the club in no way impact upon those odds or indeed the security of Mancini's job them I am afraid you are truly stupid!
Mass; 11:30. Getting my sunday best clobber on now as we speak (type). Not a pretty sight.

The thread title; as I didn't stay on in education after 16, I may not be theoretically correct. But (to my simple mid, that title does not sound correct when read back to oneself. Ah well; we'll have to agree to disagree.

The word ''do'' twice in the same sentence; where? I've read my post back to myself several times to checxk if I've lost the few remaining marbles I have left but I can still only see the word ''do'' once (in the last sentence).

Your last point re. negativity and defeatism. While I'm sure that the views of the great unwashed may get back to HRH, any decision re. Mancini's future will be based on what is best for the ongoing progress of the project and not a knee jerk reaction based on fans' reactions to a spineless, dispiriting performance yesterday evening. These are hard headed business and make business decisions based on what they think is best for that particular business, not on sentiment or a rush of blood.

Stupid? Possibly. That's for others to decide as I am biased and unablr=e to make an impartial judgement on that. Now; if you'll excuse me, I'm off to pray for the souls of Mancini and Barry.

Er; on second thought; scrap Barry!

r.soleofsalford said:
Burtonblue said:
Much as I agree with the concept of keeping our manager / stability (and I really don't want to see him sacked), there is bugger all we as supporters of the club can do about it if those on the field don't roll up their sleeves and do the business.
They looked a pretty demotivated bunch last night and that really worries me.
Hopefully it was just a blip as in pretty much all other games we have drawn or lost this season we still looked the better side.
Last night we were awful and that's down to the players not being arsed, not the manager.

No the manager has no influence on the team what so ever.

Do you really believe that, honestly

Of course the manager has an influence as he picks the players that go onto the pitch. They are all class players and the team put out last night on paper should have dealt with anything Southampton could throw at us.
It's up to them then to perform.
You cannot blame the manager for mistakes they make on the pitch.
All the goals last night stemmed from awful mistakes but the team as a whole showed a lack of desire.
Mancini is not popular amongst the players because of his style of management, of this there is little doubt. My fear is that he has lost the changing room looking at last night's effort. They were awful..

The look on the players faces whilst the game was being played, said it all for me, they looked like they were in shock. Those players need to get together sort out the problem THEY have got and do something about this.THEY are the problem not Mancini .

There is no chance that Mancini will be first to be sacked. Teams in the drop zone will panic first, then teams near the champions league spots who go on a bad run.
I didn't shed a tear when Sparky went. I'd forgotten until today that Roque Santa Cruz is still picking up his massive wages. There were some dodgy dealings with Hughes and Joorabchian, the agent he shares with Tevez and Nedum "riddled with it" Onaha. Mancini handled all the post-Hughes fallout, with Cook having to leave, tevez going on strike, then playing golf on the wrong continent, very well, and won the premiership in spite of it.

Cook was a bit of a d*ck sometimes, but he was a fantastic marketing man. He took a photo of Tevez, arms outstretched, coloured it blue in photoshop, spent a few hundred quid on a single billboard advert, and it went viral. I just google image searched "Welcome to manchester" and got 59 million hits. Still, like Hughes, I don't really miss him.

I would miss Mancini. His signings have been much better than those of Hughes, or even Sven. Remember Bianchi, and the "dancing plant?". I sort of miss Sven, he was a Rolls Royce, and the first manager in recent memory to make me feel a bit proud occasionally.

I even miss Thaksin Shinawatre a little bit. I owe my marriage to him.

I was in a party, and saw the most beautiful woman I ever laid eyes on. I asked someone, and they said she was thai. I'd never been to thailand, so i went up to her and blurted out "your ex-prime minister just bought my football club". Even as the words were leaving my mouth, I thought "you've blown it, Zorrin". It turned out that she loved Thaksin, the only PM to do anythiong for people outside Bangkok. He was only ousted because he wouldn't pay a kickback from the national lottery to the mayor of Bangkok. I got in their, shagged her, and now we've been together for 5 years, married for 3.

When Thaksin said "I will get manchester city to the top, or sell to someone far richer than me" I thought "yeah yeah", but Mrs Zorrin said "Thaksin always does what he says". But I would miss Mancini more.

Just by not being in a relegation battle, I'm in dreamland.The charity shield, a champions league place, and passing the UEFA FFP rule this year is enough for me - its not like we became City fans expecting success. We have an FA cup, we're league champions, and we could manage both again this season. The fact that this one "typical city" game shocked me is testement to Mancini's artistry. Its less of a shock than becoming premiership champions in extra time, or "1-6".

It will be a wakeup call, not the end. He will learn from his mistakes today:- playing Garcia in central defence, then removing Lescott instead of Garcia. Starting Nasri instead of Milner. Not checking the eyes of a player back from Africa to see if they are red. Nobody could have predicted Barry's shocker.

Come on - we're City fans thinking like Abramovitch, just because we're currently second. Balotelli gave us that "typical City" mix of genius and stupid that we all secretly crave, in microcosm. Now he's gone, we need the odd duffer to keep our strength of character.

jimharri said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
jimharri said:
''Don't let Mancini be the next Premier League manager sacked''; what the fuck are you talking about?

1. It's ''to be sacked''.
2. Is it not down to the players to perform like they actually give a fuck, and down to Mancini to send out a properly motivated side? Fans criticizing him on an internet forum are going to influence an executive decision made thousands of miles away in the middle east? Seriously? Jesus OP; you'd want to put the bottle down before you post. Alcohol and posting on here do not mix.

Firstly, shouldn't you be at Mass!, and when you do go make sure you get confession in beforehand, to apologise for your blasphemy!

Now to your rather excitable points.

With regard to your issue with the thread title, I am indeed correct. If you look at the beginning of the title you will see there is the use of the word 'be' before a clause 'the next premier league manager'. In short if you were to remove 'the next premier league manager' the thread would read 'Don't let Mancini be sacked', which proves my point.

Clearly you are one of those people who like to use 'do' twice in the same sentence!

Remember of course, if you 'do do' that, it is poor grammar!

Now to your second point; If you had read my post correctly, you will see that I was pointing out that Mancini currently sits favourite to BE THE NEXT PREMIER LEAGUE MANAGER SACKED, whilst Baconface, with much the same record over the last two years is the outsider.

Now if you think that negativity and defeatism across all levels of the club in no way impact upon those odds or indeed the security of Mancini's job them I am afraid you are truly stupid!
Mass; 11:30. Getting my sunday best clobber on now as we speak (type). Not a pretty sight.

The thread title; as I didn't stay on in education after 16, I may not be theoretically correct. But (to my simple mid, that title does not sound correct when read back to oneself. Ah well; we'll have to agree to disagree.

The word ''do'' twice in the same sentence; where? I've read my post back to myself several times to checxk if I've lost the few remaining marbles I have left but I can still only see the word ''do'' once (in the last sentence).

Your last point re. negativity and defeatism. While I'm sure that the views of the great unwashed may get back to HRH, any decision re. Mancini's future will be based on what is best for the ongoing progress of the project and not a knee jerk reaction based on fans' reactions to a spineless, dispiriting performance yesterday evening. These are hard headed business and make business decisions based on what they think is best for that particular business, not on sentiment or a rush of blood.

Stupid? Possibly. That's for others to decide as I am biased and unablr=e to make an impartial judgement on that. Now; if you'll excuse me, I'm off to pray for the souls of Mancini and Barry.

Er; on second thought; scrap Barry!

Fair comeback Jim!

Incidentally you didn't do a 'do do', I was just having a giggle.

Make sure you say a prayer for all our fellow blues as it's now time for miracles.

Bobbys biggest problem will be the crowd next week, if the crowd stays focused and gets behind the team it could all turn round very quickly, if we see a negative response it could turn nasty for the players? We need one of the vocal heavyweight posters on here to put something forward to get behind the side for the Leeds game.

Lost the dressingroom ? If so it would explain the horror show . 9 players dont have an offday
All at once

mancunial said:
Bobbys biggest problem will be the crowd next week, if the crowd stays focused and gets behind the team it could all turn round very quickly, if we see a negative response it could turn nasty for the players? We need one of the vocal heavyweight posters on here to put something forward to get behind the side for the Leeds game.

The match going crowd will be behind Mancini next week. They always are, and rightly so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.