"Don't Look Back In Anger" - a new book by Don Price & Sean Riley

There is a chapter where fans paid tributes to their loved ones who are no longer with us ., bit unique really but has been done well

Will check it out Anthony says it because it tracked signd and insured Standard is a night mare how long you in Uk for ? If it comes out while you still there i will come and meet you .I will meet any one in Manchester really apreciate the intrest regards Don

Back in UK, ordered now thanks Don, looking forward to reading it.

Just got the book & went straight to page 112 to read a piece by a great friend of mine for almost 34yrs.It will help a few of our fan base to understand what City means & has given to some of these fans who have travelled many many miles with smiles on there faces come what may over the years.

Just got the book & went straight to page 112 to read a piece by a great friend of mine for almost 34yrs.It will help a few of our fan base to understand what City means & has given to some of these fans who have travelled many many miles with smiles on there faces come what may over the years.
While all chapters were great and all gelled together .It was great to find out the info about Tor & Scandinavian Blues

I purchased the book last night at the game from the club shop. I was informed by a family member that via a MUEN article about Sean and the book, he actually mentions my dad in it and by name.

In fact my dad is Vinny, who for many years used attend games at Maine Road in his little blue 3 wheeler inva carriage. I know many kids from across Manchester especially Ancoats where we are from would be taken to the games (Whisked) off the street (imagine that today) with him on a Saturday and told to duck down as they passed through the gates of Platt Lane and park under the stand, before being wheeled down in his wheelchair to the corner of Platt Lane.

I would truly love to meet with Sean or speak with him about me Dad, who was an absolute diamond of a man and is known across Manchester for his work in championing the rights for disabled people and running successful amateur football teams in Ancoats for many years. I could go on and on but he loved City through and through And anything to do with football except that lot in Trafford who incidentally he turned down signing on for in the 1950’s when Mr Rocca one of the Chief Scouts at the rags came calling! Always a blue. He passed in 2002 but I know he would be loving every single minute of the past 10 years for sure, even with whats happening currently.

Don - being the shy and retiring type - has asked me to plug this for him.

Similar to his last book "We never win at home and we never win away". there are more tales from Don about following City and this time he has collaborated with pal Sean Riley to produce "Dont Look Back In Anger" (Empire Publications)

With a foreword from James H Reeve and other contributions from Ian Cheeseman, Susan Bookbinder, Phill Gatenby and Dave Wallace.

Have you ever seen the fella who wears the Scottish Tam ‘o Shanter with the ginger wig? Who is he and why did he start wearing it? All is revealed....plus Norwegian Tor Sonsteby explains how the Scandinavian Branch of the supporters club came about and how it’s expanded over the decades. That and so much more.....City's top 10 captains.... Favourite trips to Wembley.....why we hate Leeds and Leeds and Leeds......

You can pre-order the book(which is out 18th October) here for £10 inc P&P ((UK) and £14 rest of the world.
https://www.empire-uk.com/Don2019.html
Grateful if you could view my post just added, thank you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.