Dont miss this great response from M Samuel

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by levets, 14 Aug 2014.

1. levets

levets

Team supported:
    City
    I posted in the FFP thread, but it might get lost there?
    Perfect response to any dippers with the 'bad istree'

10/10 Martin
    ==================================

It is sad to see a great team like Aston Villa suffer. They won a European Cup before Chelsea and Manchester City knew where Europe was. Gofar67, Liverpool.

There is nothing more irritating than bad history. You hear a lot of it in football. So here are the facts. Aston Villa won the European Cup in 1982, 11 years after the first European trophy won by Chelsea, the European Cup-Winners Cup in 1971, and 12 years behind Manchester City, who won the European Cup-Winners Cup in 1970. By 1982, Chelsea had played five seasons in Europe, starting with the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup in 1958. They would actually have been the first English team to enter Europe, had Football League secretary Alan Hardaker not pressurised the club into withdrawing from the European Cup in 1955. City, meanwhile, had played seven European seasons by the time Villa won the European Cup, their first in 1968. So far from Chelsea and City being newcomers to Europe, they were among this country’s first entrants and champions. Still, presumptuous errors like that can happen if all you know is modern football and all you listen to are stupid chants about clubs having no history. Mr Gofar probably doesn’t even realise that City and Chelsea both won European competitions before Liverpool lifted the UEFA Cup in 1973. Maybe he should ask his dad. Until next time.

2. Hoghead

Hoghead

If he knows who he is!

3. Haha Quality

ADVERTISEMENT

4. cheddar404

cheddar404

I assume he's in prison.

5. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Pep Out
    Rinsed. :)

6. paulchapo

paulchapo

We would have won back to back cup winners cups if it was not for an horrendous injury list when we played Chelsea in the semi finals.

7. crazyg

crazyg

I'm not likely to forget the first leg (away), which I went to.

It was April 14th, 1971 - my 21st birthday!

8. The Fat el Hombre

The Fat el Hombre

Haha. Fucking hell. Nailed it

9. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

Team supported:
    The Only Team in Manchester!
    It was during a time when Big Mal was banned from football. He advised Sir Joe to field a weakened team in a league match just before one of the games against Chelsea. We already had some quite a few out, but Joe insisted n playing a fuil-strength team and even more players were injured, including The King, I believe.

10. Alex-MCFC

Alex-MCFC

Ingolstadt in spirit - Manchester my abode
    Team supported:
    Manchester City // FC Ingolstadt 04
    Fair play to him. I like his write ups regarding FFP and money in football, he actually see's most of the truth.