Dont miss this great response from M Samuel

Limmer said:
jimharri said:
crazyg said:
I'm not likely to forget the first leg (away), which I went to.

It was April 14th, 1971 - my 21st birthday!
CvMESAE.png
Psml
Yes, I am getting on a bit.

But I was there when we last had a great team. It's deja vu all over again.

brilliant.

that's what journo's should do, speak the truth, correct the shit with the truth. Not all this gossip, hearsay and rumour that infests our lives now.

well played.

I'm With Stupid said:
sjk2008 said:
In the shadows of the mighty Real Madrid & Barcelona, Atletico Madrid proved you can upset the cartel only last season. They were 60 seconds away from the Champions League too.

It only takes good management and a clever transfer policy to challenge.
...for a season. 2 tops.
Don't forget running your club a couple of hundred million into the red, some seriously dodgy state aid and having European money to begin with.

Martin Samuel is a class act. Says it how it is, usually complimentary about City and often shows up Blatter, Platini and the rest of them for what they are.

Another good article today, questioning the rags spending and comparing it to our recent spending. Once again very complimentary towards us and not so towards them.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Another good article today, questioning the rags spending and comparing it to our recent spending. Once again very complimentary towards us and not so towards them.

In support of his professionalism I don't think he is or means to be complimentary about us. Indeed, he does beat us with a stick too when he thinks we deserve it. He is merely pointing out the truth to those that are too blind or too indoctrinated to see it. Football is rotten to the core; run by the same elitist clubs but WE are doing something to challenge the situation and Martin wants to see TRUE fair play in the sport - financial or otherwise.

Every club has istree regardless of its been in Europe, won trophies or not. Just because Plymouth Argyle, Peterborough United et al haven't been in Europe doesn't mean that they never deserve to be, or have top class players sign for them etc...

It's like saying you shouldn't buy Xbox or PlayStation because they weren't around in the 80's and make their money from other electronics or computer software. You should only buy Nintendo consoles because they are only a gaming company and grew their business by making great games a la Mario, Zelda and pokemon. Along with great consoles a la gameboy, nes and snes among others.

Read plenty of negative stuff from him about city over the years but a lot of that i agreed with. The mans got a personality and isn't afraid to have an opinion that is different to the others and thats what makes him such a good journalist.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.