Doom and Gloom

wilf9

If we are playing as bad as yesterday in Feb after what is looking like a busy January then IMO its relegation. I now want Hughes to bring in Hughes players not superstars. Grafters that want to play for MCFC the shirt and above all Hughes. He has to go back to basics just like O'neal has at Villa. I keep reading on the transfer forum Kaka etc etc. What people need to realise is that we are not a glamour club yet. The likes of Bellamy, RSC, Upson, would all fit the bill, proven premiership players that above all are not afraid to work, graft and get results through good old hard graft.

I'm afraid this is true. But my God it's depressing.

We shouldn't have to be taking 8 steps backwards like this just to stay up, but I fear you are right. With this plank at the helm, I reckon it's going to take us 2 years to get back to where he started.

RobbieBrewer said:
Bellamy is a firestarting,obnoxious little shithouse and Upson is slower than Hamann.

And we wouldn't be even thinking about them if we were anywhere above 12th-i.e. where we should be.

Agreed. I can see it now, we bring in some middle of the road hard working journey men to save us from relegation and maybe get us around the top ten...then Hughes will have to get rid of most of them to bring in the quality to get us into the top six. A quality manager should be able to get the best out of Hart, Zabaleta, Richards, Dunne, Kompany, Elano, Robinho etc etc.

I am all for getting down to earth and forgetting about names like Kaka, Villa, Aguero etc. for a long time but I don't think Bellamy or Upson are the solution.

Bellamy is trouble and simply not good enough.

Upson ... not good enough... we should at least raise the bar a little bit.

Funny how yesterday, and in previous matches, unknown journeymen have outplayed us, outfought us and have seemed to want the win more than our lot. I am all for class players but even they have to run and work back occasionally. At the moment I would settle for someone on the pitch with leadership qualities who can get this lot moving and some tactical nous from the Bench. For Hughes to say we were caught on the break for the 1st goal is laughable, they had been hitting the long ball all through the match and had hit the post before this happened. it seemed obvious that they were hitting our right full back area to stop Zabaletta getting forward but we seemed unable to react to the situation and then to get caught out by a long hopeful ball into the middle (and the centre forward used the back of his head with his eyes shut) is woeful defending.

wilf9 said:
If we are playing as bad as yesterday in Feb after what is looking like a busy January then IMO its relegation. I now want Hughes to bring in Hughes players not superstars. Grafters that want to play for MCFC the shirt and above all Hughes. He has to go back to basics just like O'neal has at Villa. I keep reading on the transfer forum Kaka etc etc. What people need to realise is that we are not a glamour club yet. The likes of Bellamy, RSC, Upson, would all fit the bill, proven premiership players that above all are not afraid to work, graft and get results through good old hard graft.

Enough of that shit Mark. Better start getting results and stop wasting your time on Internet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.