double standards from city fans....

typical micah on friday for swedes first goal no where near his man leaving him time to finish. lost him and was attracted to ball can his concentration improve ?

He's not played well enough to be guaranteed an automatic starting berth buy yes he has time on his side and the potential to improve further. If his attitude is right then I can't see why he would be sold.

Dunney also a valuable squad asset if not an automatic starter in the brave new City world.

I don't think it's a case of sentiment regarding Dunne. If anything it's more a question of being practical. If we want to play against teams like Barca and Real Madrid on a consistent basis we just have to be brutally honest and admit that Dunne just would not be up to the job. In fact he'd be skinned alive, and we'd be embarrassed for him: a great loyal servant to the club being turned inside and out by Europe's elite.

As has been mentioned on here already, Micah is a young man and despite having a poor season he can only improve. Richard Dunne, sadly, is no longer the player he once was (obviously) and therefor has to move on.

anybody who doesnt see micah's potential needs to give their heads a wobble

he will be sensational in 3-4 years, he will be quality next season

supercity36 said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Yep, Micah is young and has bags of potential. Dunney isn't and hasn't. Simple

ok so chargin forward and then walking back leaving all our defence to get raped is potential?

It's a weakness that is easily resolved and probably will be. Afterwards he will be a better player whereas Dunney will never be very good because he's an error prone primitive footballer

When ADUG took over I said to a friend much as it was a good thing it could also have a negative effect on the current squad. What I meant was going through players minds would be "if I am bad I will be replaced" Both Dunnes and Micahs form seems to have backed this up. Both seemed to pick up towards the end of the season I for one would keep both why do we need to sell? Hughes wants two players for every role etc. On top of that being sentimental Dunne is not long off a testimonial Imagine how much he would raise for charity the man has bled for the club and I think he deserves that honour.

bluetoby said:
typical micah on friday for swedes first goal no where near his man leaving him time to finish. lost him and was attracted to ball can his concentration improve ?

You could have said the same for Nedum for Swedens 3rd goal. See, double standards.

Dunne had a dreadful season, in fact, if you trace it back he was dreadful the tail end of last season too. Things seem to fall apart with Micah and Ned got injured within a couple of weeks of each other in Feb/Mar last year and since then it's been all downhill for Micah and Dunne. I'm guessing that Micah carried the injury into this season and as a result his form dipped, being young that can be hard to get back. Dunne getting close to 30 has no time, he can't sit on the bench for a season and then make it back into the first team, Richards can.

KentBlue said:
Richard Dunne, sadly, is no longer the player he once was (obviously) and therefor has to move on.

how can you prove that? he has had 1 bad season as micah has, he might comeback next season better than ever!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.