Douglas Luiz (on loan at Girona)

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by ADegenerate, 25 Oct 2017.

1. ADegenerate

ADegenerate

Anyone keeping up with Girona? I’ve only been able to watch 1.5 matches so far. It looks like he’s getting games regularly but only as a sub. How’s he been?

2. Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot

Not heard anything about the lad but I assume he was bought in for the same reason Mooy was? We paid £10M after talking down his release clause of £35M.. I'll be very surprised if I see him in a city shirt in the next 3 years, but then again I have been wrong on a number of occasions about many other things, so.....

3. Kompany is King

Kompany is King

From the little reports I have read, Luiz is doing well at Girona.

4. ADegenerate

ADegenerate

I think this one apparently has potential to make it here. More than say Moreno, Garcia, and the NAC loans. I know the brazilians were pretty high on him. Maybe @RenatoRGF can chime in (apologies if you aren't Brazilian).

5. ADegenerate

ADegenerate

Good news. I checked whoscored to see how much playing time our boys were getting and he only had 150 minutes or something. Garcia was pretty close to that and Moreno can't get a game. Really, really disappointed with that one.

6. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Generally impressing from the bench mainly,however,given a start in the last game and didn't do himself any favours by certain accounts.Hes still very raw but there is talk that the club see huge potential and are considering a recall for preseason.

7. Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

He'll be in the squad within 18 months, he was exceptional against Barca and has a very bright future!

8. domalino

domalino

Hasn't looked good since the Barca game unfortunately. Has the technical skill but too often lacking without the ball and sloppy with possession.

Hopefully he'll fight his way into the starting XI for Girona and then Machin's insane work ethic will be instilled in him.

9. twosips

twosips

He was far from exceptional. That performance has been totally overhyped. Just showed energy and a bit of balls. Still only had about 30 touches and did give it away a few times. Didn't create anything of note. He got plaudits for a good performance, but KDB is what you would consider exceptional and he was nowhere near that.

10. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

I'd say he looks like quality raw material (rare blend of power and technique) that needs a lot of moulding. Still wouldn't be surprised to see him playing for City in 2 years.