Douglas Luiz (on loan at Girona)

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by ADegenerate, 25 Oct 2017.

1. Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

In your opinion.....

For a kid of his age. 19 isn't it? it was indeed exceptional against such opposition, which most news outlets also reinforced. The fact he isn't seeing game time is no surprise given there position... it's also being touted he will return to city as early as next summer and given his chance, I'd say the powers that be know already.

I watched the Barca game and totally disagree, but hey ho, we will see I guess!!

2. BlueisCity

BlueisCity

How did he perform yesterday in his start?

Most talented player at Girona and can't even get sub PT is very suspicious.

3. Afganitia

Afganitia

He isn't good enough. Lazy to boot. He should get his priorities straight. Just because you are good at controlling the ball and a decent passer don't make you a superstar.

4. Delphinho

Delphinho

Should be recalled and go on loan to NAC Breda

5. malg

malg

Get him out to the US and try out for Northern Virginia United..

@mancity56 - can you help??

6. Divino da Guia

Divino da Guia

Those loan deals require humility and patience. Its against the culture of the Brazilian footballer and will hardly work for Brazilians. His agent destroyed his progression with that.

7. Damanino

Damanino

He had 1 start in La liga with 11 times coming on as sub for an overperforming Girona.If its going like this its about 2-3 starts for him and around 15-17 subs, which would put him around 500 minutes of La Liga football.
    Also not much luck for Aleix Garcia, Kayode. They are just not trusted or simply they arent even good enough yet to command a starting place in a club like Girona.

For Garcia I had high hopes he can have a great season while Douglas looks like we just wasted 10m pounds he is hardly coming back as a better player from the loan, another loan looks likely next year. Then we sell on the cheap bit like Zuculini story.

8. Alex-MCFC

Alex-MCFC

Ingolstadt in spirit - Manchester my abode
    Players like Douglas are perhaps a good example of why having a "feeder club" like Girona isn't always the best idea. Probably only Maffeo has actually progressed there. I don't really see how Girona actually currently benefit us at the moment; if anything, they are seemingly detrimental towards some of our prospects.

9. Manchester_lalala

Manchester_lalala

Any loan is risky. I think we should look at maybe getting a feeder club in Germany. Chelsea have a good record of sending players there and them coming back better players.

10. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

The problem Chelsea have is that they've sold them there for fuck all and they've come back much better players to sign for rival clubs...