Douglas Luiz (on loan at Girona)

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by ADegenerate, 25 Oct 2017.

1. Alex-MCFC

Alex-MCFC

Ingolstadt in spirit - Manchester my abode
    Of course, but at the moment, essentially every loanee we send to Girona just flop. I doubt whether we should have sent them players whilst they were trying to establish themselves; Machin doesn't take any risks whatsoever. At the moment, the Girona deal seems more like a nice hand-out to Pere Guardiola from Manchester City.

2. mancity56

mancity56

Haha of course ! Send him my way

3. testies

testies

He wasn't even in the squad today. Anyone know what's the deal here?

4. Tevez City

Tevez City

Lets hope he can do a Zinchenko next season

5. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

Besides Ederson, Danilo, Fernandinho and Gabriel Jesus, Manchester City are now expected to have another Brazilian in their preseason squad.
    As reported by UOL this week, since midfielder Douglas has his loan with Girona expiring in the summer, the Premier League side plan to test him in the preparation for next season.

Douglas will be training with Pep Guardiola’s side in the United States, and UOL claims that there are three possible scenarios after that:
    - the player can go back to Girona
    - be loaned out to another club
    - or join the Manchester City squad.

The possibility of a sale isn’t mentioned by the outlet.
    http://sportwitness.co.uk/brazilian...efore-pre-season-will-be-tested-by-guardiola/

6. Delphinho

Delphinho

He should not go back to Girona, as he`s clearly not good enough. NAC would be a better solution

7. blueparrot

blueparrot

I haven't seen Girona play, but from there results and position I guess they are at a fair standard so for a young player not to be getting games doesn't necessarilly mean those player arent vey good or wouldnt progess somewhere else in the way Angelino seems to have done.

8. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

Or could potentially stay with City if Pep likes him, he's U21 and wouldn't take any squad spot. He has great raw talent, very impressive technically and physically. Decision-making is his weakest point, but that can be improved by training.

9. Delphinho

Delphinho

I have watched about half of Gironas games this season, and he has looked bad every time I`ve seen him. He`s young and will only improve, but for me, it looks like he lacks the intelligence

10. ADegenerate

ADegenerate

He needs somebody to believe in him. I played under a few shitty coaches and I'm not proud to admit it but if you're not happy then it affects your overall game. He's got the talent. Get him over here working with Pep for a month and then the club can make the right valuation.

Obviously I've been beaten to the OZ comparisons which is a great stance to take towards any young player.

(edit: not an attack on Gironas staff. From a players perspective on how the staff rates you is my point)