Douglas Luiz (signed for Villa)

If anyone thinks this is a move designed to benefit villa they are mistaken, bar maybe he helps them stay up..
I disagree.

If the BBC is activated (lovely acronym), presumably he has done well and Villa get paid for it. Should City do it just to resell him, Villa could buy him at a discount (equal to the BBC minus the initial price) provided they can agree terms with the player.

Also i think many of them in that forum dont like the idea of the buy back clause. They see it as a loan.

When your club is the recipient in such a deal, it probably hurts to see how far you have fallen, hence their clutching at straws and dreaming of a high buy back figure. The deal is sensible for all parties, and I just hope they don’t now sell McGinn and weaken their chances of survival.

When your club is the recipient in such a deal, it probably hurts to see how far you have fallen, hence their clutching at straws and dreaming of a high buy back figure. The deal is sensible for all parties, and I just hope they don’t now sell McGinn and weaken their chances of survival.
Apparently they don't rate their current DM and want Luiz to play in that role. I'm not sure if its a good idea. He probably could play as DM in a dominant side as City, but a club like Villa that will be attacked all the time in the Premiere League, need a more physical DM, imo.

Apparently they don't rate their current DM and want Luiz to play in that role. I'm not sure if its a good idea. He probably could play as DM in a dominant side as City, but a club like Villa that will be attacked all the time in the Premiere League, need a more physical DM, imo.

In some games they’ll likely need two. For what it’s worth, I think the deal will go through- he may need to be outside the UK to get a work permit- and that we’ll have strongly encouraged Luiz to go there in readiness for next season.

I disagree.

If the BBC is activated (lovely acronym), presumably he has done well and Villa get paid for it. Should City do it just to resell him, Villa could buy him at a discount (equal to the BBC minus the initial price) provided they can agree terms with the player.

I hear what you’re saying but Pep wanted him in the first team last season & couldn’t through permit issues. I don’t think we plan to sell him, I genuinely believe this is a move designed to get him a work permit & nothing more.Clearly Villa will benefit financially for helping facilitate the process but I can’t see us doing this to sell on.

I hope he does well and gets recalled. But, the reason Pep wanted to get him a work permit was because the Jorginho deal fell through. (And since he wasn't deemed good enough to be part of the squad at the beginning of last summer, it was right to deny him a work permit at the end of it). Even if he could he wouldn't be part of the first team this season, he needs to prove himself first.

Moreover, Villa could go down next season. This presents them with a somewhat cheap option. As such, I believe a potential deal would be beneficial to both parties.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing him in the PL next year.

Don’t really blame them! If he does well there, he comes back to us, and if he’s a flop, they’re stuck with him.
Or he does well but we don't need him as we have better options (for us) and they end up with a good player on the cheap. Not being quite good enough to displace one of our players wouldn't make him a flop.

Luiz was probably our best player last pre season. Don't underestimate this kid, Villa have got a bargain for £15m, who will more than stand his ground against the toughest the PL has.

He can also play football to City's standards too which bodes well for his future & is why we tried everything to get him a work permit for last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.