Douglas Luiz (signed for Villa)

I suppose this also helps with FFP turnover, get money in (plus a small profit) and minimise risk somewhat by putting the buy-back in there. I'd be surprised if we got to see much of his talents at Villa though, surely it will be backs to the wall for them most of the season, although admittedly i've not watched them in Championship so they could surprise.
it will be the perfect place to show off his def mid talents,like you say backs to the wall,and what better way of showing the world how good you are at screening,tackling and organising ,now if it was a striker they would struggle at villa next season

This is actually a brilliant move by the club to get him a work permit, and the reasons are that a lot of the points in the appeals system are based on your importance to the club you join.

The biggest difference maker will be his wages. Here are the possible points a player can get -

3pts - Fee is in the top 25% of all PL transfers this summer.

2pts - Fee is in the top 50% of all PL transfers this summer.

3pts - The wages are in the top 25% at the club.

2pts - The wages are in the top 50% at the club.

1pt - The players current club is in a top league and he played 30% or more games.

1pt - the players current club is in European competition and played 30% of games.

At Villa, Luiz will probably be in the top 25% of earners, so that gets him 3pts straight away. You only need 4 points to get through so it's a game changer.

He should get at least 1 for playing in a top league last year, and probably £15m will be in the top 50% of transfers, so that'll be 2.

Which would give him 6 points. At City he'd only get 1 - for playing fir Girona.

But the great thing is that once he gets his work permit at Villa, they can't take it away easily, so if we have a cheap buyback clause we can get him back next season and he'll be able to play for us.

Good post. Now can you explain the thinking behind paying Mangala another year when we won’t play him and he turns down the limited offers he gets!?

I always imagined the want for a work permit was to increase the options of finding a seller. If he can obtain one now via a transfer then I personally doubt he'll be back.

i wonder if this is a good way for him to get a work permit and then get some premier league experience to maybe come back and replace fernandinho when he finally goes?

Great deal we cant loose.
He flops. we've got our money back
He's good but not good enough for us, we buy back and then sell
He's brilliant, we buy back and add him to our squad

I hope we are being as savvy as appears here. I really liked the look of Luiz and hoped that he would break through with us, despite the best efforts of the powers that be.

How does this work out, we couldnt het a work permit for him. We suddenly sell him to another premier league side they get a work permit straight away. What city doing wrong?.

Seems shrewd, and be interesting to watch him in the prem for Villa. WIll probably forget he's even a transfer and not a loan and wonder why he'll be playing against us next season when we play villa!

Can we buy him back next season if we have a ban though?

I hope we have the 1st refusal options as well. When it was reported that we were interested in Ake , chelsea twitter were moaning that despite having buy back clause , they couldn't prevent Ake coming to us due to their transfer ban

How does this work out, we couldnt het a work permit for him. We suddenly sell him to another premier league side they get a work permit straight away. What city doing wrong?.

clearly mentioned in the previous pages

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.